Masterpiece Studio makes it effortless to create 3D content from concept to animation. We harness the power of virtual reality and machine learning to let creatives easily create in 3D.
Our software makes it easy to create 3D content for games, animation, and education today, but just as important, our software is a fundamental requirement to build the metaverse of tomorrow.
Our mission is to help people easily create 3D content of whatever they can imagine.
We are looking for team members that are creative, fearless, collaborative, and problem solvers who want to help us create the new world of 3D content creation.
In this role, the Senior User Interface Programmer-Prototyper will create rapid prototypes to allow fast iteration and evaluation of new experimental UX concepts. This will include new interaction paradigms and tool affordances.
As a member of our UX team, you will work cross-functionally to rapidly prototype innovative UX solutions that make 3D creation in an immersive environment intuitive and natural. Once the functionalities feel right, you will be asked to re-code them for integration into the main application.
Our Senior User Interface Programmer-Prototyper will be accountable for activities including:
- Creating prototypes in Unity that solve UX issues or innovate new approaches for 3D creation in VR
- Providing translated functional and efficient code from prototypes to the production code base
- Maintaining and improving codebase to be accessible to Designers for adjustments
- Archival of Prototypes codebase for later use
- Participating in the UX team’s ideation, design, and research process
The Day to Day
We suspect our next hire will accomplish their goals by:
- Creating prototypes in Unity that can be tested, adjusted, and archived to be re-used later in time
- Building UI code base to be evolved over time
- Maintaining UI code to be regularly submitted to the main development pipeline and keeping a prototype archive alive.
- Communicating closely with development teams to understand what coding best practices they can employ
- Working with UX Lead, Product Manager, UX team, and Development team to understand the product goals, known issues, and feedback
- Working with the UX Team to identify the highest value UX problems to solve and developing plans for the rapid prototypes
- Fostering a strong, collaborative design practice and helping in the creation of a thriving culture of inclusion and belonging
- Applying a user-centered design approach and rapidly helping to test and iterate on designs if needed
What we believe our next hire will bring to the business:
- 5+ years of experience in Unity UI design and construction for XR apps
- Demonstrated strong expertise in:
- Unity 2020+
- VR-XR interaction toolkit
- Unity UI Toolkit/UI builder
- Unity XML and USS
- Communication and presentation skills
- XR UI design and construction for PC and Android
- User testing process
- Unity Animation (technical)
- 3D formats in Unity (technical)
- Unity Shaders & Shadergraph technical knowledge
- Rapid prototyping vs production
It would be beneficial (though not required) if you have a working knowledge of:
- HTML and CSS
- Agile Scrum, XP, and/or Continuous Delivery
- Figma and Miro
- Event and data-driven architectures
In a perfect world (though also not required), you would be familiar with:
- Understanding of 3D asset creation and animation (Blender, ZBrush, Maya, MotionBuilder, etc)
What You’ll Get By Joining Our Team
You will have the chance to lead an industry.
Many people only dream of having the opportunity to set the standard in art, tech, and business – but if you have the talent, Masterpiece has the power to make it your new normal. We work in a space where things are constantly changing, which means you’ll always have a new puzzle to solve. If you’re inspired by overcoming the impossible with stellar teammates by your side, Masterpiece is the place to bring your best to even better.
You will feel the impact of your work.
At Masterpiece, you have the power to shape your career, doing the things you love most on projects with serious impact. We pride ourselves on pushing boundaries, so we encourage conversations about how to do things better– and when it’s your turn to speak up, this team will always have your back.
You will be a lifelong learner.
Joining the Masterpiece team means committing to continuous development and curiosity. After all, it’s hard to stay stagnant in an industry as dynamic as ours. We’ll work with you to find the common ground between our overarching goals and your personal interests, so you can expand your skill set to a whole new level.
- Shape the future of VR creation for gaming, animation, and the metaverse
- Partner with the biggest players in tech
- Freedom to build and innovate beyond your job description
- Growth opportunities to continue to develop your skills
- Remote work opportunities
Masterpiece Studio is bringing cutting-edge machine learning and cutting-edge VR technologies together to enable hundreds of millions of people to create 3D content. This tight-knit team of strong individuals is working together to make a massive impact and change an industry.
Masterpiece Studios is years ahead of anybody else in the world, leading an industry with a simplified full solution to make real-time 3D content. With many of the top companies in the world partnering with us, there is an immense opportunity to grow.
“Against all odds, people thought it couldn’t be done, but this passionate team came together, and found a way to break through, to have breakthrough technology and make it all work.” - Jon Gagne, CEO of Masterpiece Studio
We’re taking on the Goliaths of the world– and we're winning.
Masterpiece Studio is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, colour, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at careers (at) masterpiecestudio (dot) com.