The EPSRC Doctoral Prize is a prestigious scheme aimed at developing the very best EPSRC funded students beyond the end of their PhD and help them launch a successful career in research as potential future research leaders.
Successful applicants will be expected to take their research to the next level and undertake significant new research; the Prize must not be viewed merely as an opportunity to continue/complete PhD work although continuation of specific work from the applicants’ PhD that will result in publications may be permitted.
- The University will provide Fellows with excellent research and training environments, including a first class and challenging career development training programme.
- In addition to a Project Sponsor (a research - active member of The University’s academic staff who is willing to support an applicant’s project, where appropriate, host the project in their lab and act as line manager), recipients of a Prize will also have access to an academic mentor who will offer advice and support regarding the mentee’s research and career development throughout the duration of the award.
- Successful applicants will be appointed to Grade 6 point 29 (£34,308 per annum) on the UoM salary scale.
- Awards of up to 12 months are available to successful candidates.
- Application deadline: Friday 18 August 2023
- Interviews: September 2023
- Project start date: October 1 2023 – January 31 2024 and April 1 2024 - July 31 2024
How to apply
- The University of Manchester is now accepting applications from PhD researchers for EPSRC Doctoral Prize Fellowships 2023/24, which are available to both internal and external candidates.
- All applications should be made in accordance with the scheme’s guidelines, which can be found at the end of the application form (see link to application documentation below).
- Full applications, including application form, data monitoring form and a letter of support from the Head of Department where the EPSRC Doctoral Prize research will be carried out should be returned by e-mail to FSE.email@example.com.
Further information, including eligibility criteria and application documents can be found at https://www.se.manchester.ac.uk/study/postgraduate-research/funding/doctoral-prize-fellowships/.