Help us grow into an ever-evolving marketplace. Seeking an experienced Data Annotation Analyst!
WHAT WE DO
Betterview is the Property Intelligence & Risk Management Platform leading the P&C insurance companies depend on to identify and mitigate risk, improve operational and inspection efficiency, and build a more transparent customer experience throughout the policy lifecycle. By empowering insurers to automate pricing, underwriting and renewal while focusing on strategic action on critical properties, Betterview is transforming the insurance industry from Repair and Replace to Predict and Prevent. Combining continuously evolving AI, predictive analysis, computer vision, and customizable workflows to geospatial with commercial, private and public data, Betterview supports your businesses’ unique needs through transparent, actionable, property insights.
Every day, our diverse team is focused on the needs of our customers. We strive to earn their trust by providing valuable, accurate insight that is important to their businesses. We provide our customers with information that is not only useful to their business decisions but easy to use. We combine high quality human interactions with sleek, intuitive design and are pioneers on the journey alongside our customers, who are transforming the way they do business with data-driven decision making.
We are seeking a Data Annotation Analyst who will support the data labeling operations that enable Betterview to continually expand and enrich our training datasets. The analyst will lead the execution of our vendor labeling pipeline from project upload to post-delivery analysis. This role will also provide analysis of our existing data and present quality improvement suggestions to the team. For example, if Betterview were looking for more imagery containing solar panels on a roof, the analyst position supports these efforts by reviewing/cleaning data, preparing it for outside labeling and ingesting it into machine learning workflows. This position reports to the Data Annotation Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Supporting data labeling projects both internally and in coordination with vendors to support Betterview’s machine vision roadmap.
- Executing vendor labeling pipeline using internal tools such as python scripts and Jupyter notebooks
- Reviewing imagery to:
- Measure annotation quality (QA)
- Determine characteristics of new detections (ontology creation)
- Uncover model weaknesses that can be addressed with more data (model improvement)
- Weekly reviews of Betterview model output to assess model performance.
- Researching new detections to determine ontology and create labeling instructions.
- Contributing to continual improvement of data labeling pipeline with Data Annotation Manager
- Cultivating deep knowledge of Betterview’s machine vision data and leverage it to mine suitable candidates for data labeling at a large scale.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement of methods and processes to ensure data quality and consistency.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement in Betterview’s data and, together with machine vision colleagues, working to implement solutions.
- Creating and maintaining internal reports to track quality and size of training datasets over time.
- Updating tasks in Jira with appropriate detail
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO OUR COMPANY
- Bachelors’ Degree
- 2+ years’ relevant experience in an analytics-related field
- Experienced in SQL at the level of an analyst (some form of relational database, Betterview uses PostgreSQL, but others translate well).
- Experience with Python/Jupyter Notebooks
- Mastery of Google Enterprise Suite (Docs, Drive, Sheets)
The successful candidate:
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail and data hygiene habits
- Has an analytical mind and a strong nose for data issues
- Has strong initiative, accountability, and is a self-starter
- Has an interest in data science, machine learning and/or computer vision
Our Compensation Philosophy
Betterview is committed to administering a fair, equitable, and inclusive interview and offer process that is transparent and free of discrimination and in compliance with federal and state laws. The base salary range for this position is $75,000 - $90,000 and has been determined through the use of external data sources
that provide current market pay rates. The base salary range is considered a national average and is determined by the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this role and does not include our comprehensive benefits described below. When an offer is presented, compensation will be commensurate with an individual’s background, experience, and location; therefore, the range associated with this position could vary. Offers of employment for this position will include base salary, equity, and a comprehensive benefits package.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Generous health benefits – medical, dental and vision.
- Medical offerings include PPO, HMO, and HDHP options through Kaiser, Anthem Blue Cross, Sharp Health, and Sutter Health.
- Betterview covers 75% of the sponsored medical plan employee premium, 60% of dependents.
- For dental and vision, Betterview covers 75% of the employee premium, 50% of dependents.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan.
- Betterview matches 100% of employee contributions up to the first 3% of pay, then 50% of employee contributions on the next 2% of pay.
- FSA and HSA.
- 11 paid holidays.
- Full-time employees receive 160 hours per year of paid time off; part-time employees accrue PTO on a pro-rated basis.
- Paid parental leave. Betterview will provide up to 6 weeks paid parental leave to employees following the birth of an employee’s child or the placement of a child with an employee in connection with adoption or foster care.
- Basic life and AD&D insurance. Betterview pays 100% of the premium. Employees receive a benefit amount of $50,000.
- Shortterm disability. Betterview pays for 100% of the plan premium.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP. Betterview provides free access to a confidential EAP which offers licensed counselors as well as financial and legal experts to help with life’s challenges.
- Pet Insurance. Betterview offers veterinary pet insurance at a discounted rate for employees.
- Charity contribution match, up to $100.
- Cell phone reimbursement.
- Professional development reimbursement.
- Commuter benefits.
COVID Vaccine is required as a condition of employment with Betterview. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
Betterview provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Betterview complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Betterview will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Betterview will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you’re applying for a position in San Francisco, review the guidelines applicable in your area.
Betterview expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Betterview employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to complete this application, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.