XOi is powering a world in which people and equipment are connected, decisions are transparent, and quality outcomes are predictable.
Field service technicians across the nation utilize our suite of products daily to increase efficiency and performance on the job, streamline communication and information sharing, build skills, and gain insights.
At XOi, we’re continuing to build the next generation of intelligent technology solutions for field technicians, managers, and the customers they serve. As a Machine Learning Engineer you will be a valued member of our Data Science team, building solutions to uncover insights with structured and unstructured data. These insights empower field technicians with information they need to perform exceptional work for their customers and our customers. Our products use Artificial Intelligence including but not limited to Natural Language Processing (NLP), and optical character recognition (OCR).
Our data science team works closely with Data, Product, Backend, and Frontend teams and has full support of our Infrastructure team in accelerating our model development cycle and raising the standards of prototyping, building and maintaining ML solutions.Please Note
Technologies We Love To Use
- Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
- Python and Python frameworks
- Tensorflow, NumPy, Pandas
- AWS (EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, S3, Lambda)
- Sagemaker experience a plus!
- Design, build, and maintain scalable product ready ML systems
- Build ML pipelines for data processing, training, inference and evaluation, with a focus on improving our OCR pipeline
- Work with the rest of the Data Science team to prepare us to move into new markets
- Lead efforts in the ML model lifecycle including problem framing, deployment and monitoring in production
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, and Infrastructure teams to deliver ML-based solutions that meet the needs of our customers
You’re a Great Fit if You’re Someone Who:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Machine Learning and an ability to operate successfully in either team based or individual efforts
- Comfortable leveraging modern tools for building ML pipelines, including data processing, training, inference, deployment, and evaluation
- Proficiency with Python and Python-based frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow) including a familiarity with coding standards, ability to write unit tests, manage environments for each project, and if you have experience developing Python packages, we would be really excited
- Highly competent with Linux/ MacOS operating systems including file system, command line, and scripting
- Experienced working with DevOps/ MLOps for model release and deployment
- Strong understanding of machine learning algorithms, processes, tools and platforms and experience with deep learning and optimization for efficient implementation
- Proven experience working with large structured and unstructured data sets; experience with NLP; experience with Computer Vision, preferably with OCR
- Strong experience working with AWS (in the console and with boto3), working with EC2 instances (writing Lambdas, Sagemaker model pipelines, nice to have) and an ability to work with data from various sources (e.g., RDS, DynamoDB, S3)
XOi Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Passionate and creative in solving complex problems
- Thrives in small, fast-paced dynamic environments
- Is a self-starter with a competitive spirit and passion to excel and not afraid to tackle challenges head on with or without constant support
- Understands the importance of meeting deadlines with a sense of urgency, and attention to detail while seeing the big picture
- Has a passion for mentoring and encourages team growth by sharing your knowledge, skills, best practices, etc.
- Value winning and losing together as a collective team with a focus on serving our customers
At XOi, we value individuality and the unique qualities we all bring to an organization. We believe we all bring experiences that have an incredible impact on our product and the experience our customers gain from using our products. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender, identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth or other related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.