AnswerRocket is on a mission to make data analysis easy. Our platform leverages AI and machine learning to transform the way businesses make data-driven decisions every day. We are hiring an experienced Software Development Team Lead who is passionate about leadership, solving complex problems and engineering excellence.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for driving the roadmap for a subsystem of the AnswerRocket core product. A small group of 3 to 4 engineers will report directly to you. Your role is to mentor them, developing their careers and yours while making our product more powerful.
You will gain subject matter expertise and represent your area of responsibility to the organization, coordinating delivery alongside the work of other teams. The team lead is a working software engineer, balancing their own individual contributions while keeping the rest of the team productive and engaged.
This role is a remote opportunity, candidates do not have to be located in the Atlanta area.
Who you are:
- Goal setter – determines goals and objectives at the beginning of each sprint as appropriate for the team.
- Strategist – must determine impediments and provide solutions for self and team members to solve and complete complex arcs of functionality.
- Communication Gateway – distributes information, including requirements, updates, or challenges to all stakeholders.
- Excellence: Must have a complete understanding of available technical solutions and contribute to team productivity as an individual contributor.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with product and business owners on requirements, training, testing and release of new software.
- Own and drive commitments where possible by balancing the work between team members, negotiating scope changes, etc.
- Ensure solutions exceed standards for quality, architectural integrity, performance, scalability, security, and availability for everyone on your team
- Explore new technologies, frameworks, and tools that should be considered by the organization proactively.
- Development team leaders must be able to strategize the right business move. This includes ensuring that all projects get delivered relative to the business’ goals.
What You’ll Bring:
- 2+ years of experience leading teams of 3+ software engineers in a professional setting
- Must meet all the requirements of a top-tier individual contributor software engineer with at least 3-5+ years of experience
- Has mentored team members as well as conducted code reviews
- Has ability to work both independently, and as part of a globally distributed team of technical and non-technical colleagues
- Experience with multiple tech stacks, databases and processes; including proficiency within one or more areas of our tech stack which includes: Java, Python, SQL, Kotlin, Typescript and/or Node.js
- Experience working with testing frameworks, Jenkins and Git
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary with health, dental and vision insurance.
- Equity incentive plan.
- 401K, Health Savings, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Generous PTO, holiday, and leave policies, including paid parental leave for new parents.
- Company-wide and individual goal setting each quarter where success is recognized and rewarded.
- Remote-friendly culture with weekly stand-ups, virtual lunches, and a video-first attitude.
- Self-funded, stable startup with an approachable leadership team.
- Our People (or “Rocketeers” as we say) is the best part about working at AnswerRocket!