Kargo unites the world's leading brands and premium publishers on mobile devices using innovative creative ad formats. At Kargo, we're all about bringing together the best of the best with a spark of creativity to stand out from the crowd. The same is true for our employees. What makes Kargo and each Kargo team member exceptional makes our company special. Kargo believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to diversity in the workplace. As an Equal Opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or other legally protected status. Individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Kargo is 400 employees strong across offices in New York City, Chicago, Austin, Dallas, Los Angeles, Sydney, Auckland, Ireland, and London. But we’re not stopping there, so stay tuned as we expand our map and our team.
For more information, visit Kargo at www.kargo.com or follow Kargo on Instagram (@kargomobile), Twitter (@kargo) and LinkedIn (Kargo).
Summary of Job’s Purpose:
Kargo is looking for a Data Scientist who is eager to make an impact by doing real, hands-on research and development. Candidates must possess exceptional knowledge of mathematical and statistical methods as well as a proven ability to solve complex problems. A desire to work with large data sets and apply creative thinking is required. Kargo is a place where data scientists and engineers are passionate about their work, model building, data, and technology.
This role will help the Data Science team to solve the unsolved. They will use their knowledge in analytics, statistics, and computer science to create new algorithms and data products that aid in advertising decisions and outcomes.
- Learn about Kargo’s unique product challenges, and go beyond generic out-of-the-box algorithms to think critically and creatively about Kargo’s business problems and product needs
- Participate in the full software development cycle: research, design, develop, QA, deploy, experiment, and analyze
- Collaborate across disciplines to find technical solutions to complex challenges, and share the results of your work with non-technical audiences
- Write production-level code to perform experiments, prototype new data products and apply machine learning algorithms on very large datasets
Who you are:
- A story-building quantitative-problem solver with the ability to interpret and visualize data in a business context, ideally with an advanced degree in a STEM (science, technology, engineering & mathematics) field. Applied Mathematics or Statistics is preferred.
- A strategic thinker with a deep interest in advertising, media, analytics and/or marketing
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, capable of juggling several tasks at once
- A strong communicator, with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Naturally curious, resourceful, and motivated
- Masters or PHD in a STEM field is a plus
- Experience working with relational databases required (SQL)
- Deep knowledge of Python, R or Scala is necessary
- Practical experience in research & experimental design. Use of techniques inoptimization.
- A practical understanding of how and when to implement machine learning algorithms and familiarity with one or more popular packages (e.g. sklearn, numpy, pandas)
- Comfortable with learning and deploying new techniques. Ranging from graph theory, NLP to optimization.
- Nice to have: experience with cloud computing (e.g. Databricks, AWS, GCP, Azure) and ability to scale data science solutions to very large datasets.
Kargo and Kargo leadership are regularly recognized for the company’s growth and achievements, including:
- B&T’s Best Media Platform (2021)
- Digiday Awards’ Media Award for Best Digital Product Innovation (2021)
- Martech Breakthrough Awards’ Content Management Innovation (2021) (2017)
- Three MMA Smarties (2018)
- Adweek Innovative Mobile Ad Player (2017)
- Best Places to Work (2017)