Mar 31, 2023 - MMIT is hiring a remote Data Enhancement Specialist. 📍Location: USA.
Why Norstella? Norstella unites market-leading companies that all have a shared goal of improving patient access. Each organization (Evaluate, MMIT, Panalgo, The Dedham Group) delivers must-have answers for critical strategic and commercial decision-making.
Together, we help our clients:
Assess the market need and competitive landscapeKnow precisely which drugs to prioritize in their portfoliosFind out where the launch difficulties will be—before they’re difficultiesTrack and improve market access post-launch
By combining the efforts of each organization under Norstella, we can offer an even wider breadth of expertise, cutting-edge data solutions and expert advisory services alongside advanced technologies such as real-world data, machine learning and predictive analytics. At Norstella, we don’t just deliver information and insights. We deliver answers you can act on.
As a Specialist on our growing Enterprise Access & Data Expertise Team (EADE), you will support and enhance MMIT's operational data quality with a single pointed focus on improving our customers experience with the data. You are responsible for evaluating, researching, and resolving both internally and externally generated requests for data review, utilizing MMIT resources and publicly available web-based data. You receive research requests in specific queues in the MMIT Support Desk on the JIRA platform and employ your knowledge of data and product to resolve data validation requests in accordance with MMIT standards and client practices. As an EADE Specialist, you will preserve the integrity of our data while facilitating client confidence in our products and processes.
We are looking for motivated graduates who are comfortable working with data and communicating with clients as well as happy to operate in a nuanced environment. There is an in depth training program in place to support your onboarding. Once established in the role, you will be independently facing clients.
The skills you bring to the table:
- Research both internal and external Verifications requests/ Data Project request submitted through JIRA to facilitate resolution (90%):
- Know MMIT data and customer preferences to analyze requests and issues
- Analyze categorized customer requests to determine appropriate course of action
- Coordinate execution of updates if data changes are needed
- Support the Project Managers and Access Advisors within EADE by responding or escalating if internal data clarification is needed
- Build therapeutic area expertise and increase domain knowledge across workstreams within EADE
- Process data changes based on Team workload and capacity (10%)
- Immediately escalate client dissatisfaction or technology issues to the appropriate supervisor
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with cross-functional internal as warranted to ensure no Client need (from a data perspective) gets stuck/ lost forgotten/ deprioritized
- Delight customers with superior data analytical and research capabilities as well as highlightkey trends in data and answers to client research goals
- Provide support the wider Enterprise Access & Data Expertise Team to facilitate strong overall data quality
The guiding principles for success at Norstella:
01: Bold, Passionate, Mission-First
We have a lofty mission to Smooth Access to Life Saving Therapies and we will get there by being bold and passionate about the mission and our clients. Our clients and the mission in what we are trying to accomplish must be in the forefront of our minds in everything we do.
02: Integrity, Truth, Reality
We make promises that we can keep, and goals that push us to new heights. Our integrity offers us the opportunity to learn and improve by being honest about what works and what doesn’t. By being true to the data and producing realistic metrics, we are able to create plans and resources to achieve our goals.
03: Kindness, Empathy, Grace
We will empathize with everyone's situation, provide positive and constructive feedback with kindness, and accept opportunities for improvement with grace and gratitude. We use this principle across the organization to collaborate and build lines of open communication.
04: Resilience, Mettle, Grit
We will persevere – even in difficult and challenging situations. Our ability to recover from mis-steps and failures in a positive way will help us to be successful in our mission.
05: Humility, Gratitude, Learning
We will be true learners by showing humility and gratitude in our work. We recognize that the smartest person in the room is the one who is always listening, learning, and willing to shift their thinking.
- Strong skills with MS Office applications, Excel in particular (VLOOKUP, Pivot tables) as well as Word and PowerPoint
- Advanced writing skills and a strong interest in effective communication all levels of the organization
- Strong detail-orientation, organizational skills, and commitment to delivering high quality work
- Research and triage skills
- One to two years of professional experience in data research, market research, biotech, pharmaceuticals, or managed care industry would be beneficial
- Experience working with lab data, claims or other real-world evidence
- Ability to balance multiple projects and perform in a deadline-driven environment
- Well-developed time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to articulate thoughts and interpret data correctly
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as comfortable communicating with stakeholders
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical and managed care industries would be beneficial
Travel: Some travel to our office
Location: Remote or our Yardley, PA or Livingston, NJ office
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $50,000 to $75,000. It is not typical for offers to be made at or near the top of the range. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. In addition to base salary and a competitive benefits package, successful candidates are eligible to receive a discretionary bonus.
MMIT is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. Our ethos is to respect and value people’s differences, to help everyone achieve more at work as well as in their personal lives so that they feel proud of the part they play in our success. We believe that all decisions about people at work should be based on the individual’s abilities, skills, performance and behavior and our business requirements. MMIT operates a zero tolerance policy to any form of discrimination, abuse or harassment.
Sometimes the best opportunities are hidden by self-doubt. We disqualify ourselves before we have the opportunity to be considered. Regardless of where you came from, how you identify, or the path that led you here- you are welcome. If you read this job description and feel passion and excitement, we’re just as excited about you.