Apr 04, 2023 - Kalibri Labs is hiring a remote Senior Software Engineer. 📍Location: USA.
At Kalibri Labs, we are helping to redefine and rebuild the way performance metrics are viewed in the hotel industry. We are looking for passionate, energetic, and hardworking people with an entrepreneurial spirit, who dream big and challenge the status quo. We are working on cutting-edge solutions for the industry as they navigate the recovery process. We are using our big data coupled with machine learning and AI to help highlight the path forward. Kalibri Labs is growing, so if you're ready to make a difference and utilize your talents across a groundbreaking organization, please keep reading!
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to design, build, and scale our SaaS-based business intelligence platform, Hummingbird PXM. The engineer will work in a cross functional agile team to ensure the best execution plan to achieve business objectives.
- Works closely with the team to architect, develop, and deliver major features and functionality against the product roadmap
- Defines software best practices to include style guides, quality processes, peer reviews, design patterns, and engineering best practices
- Actively communicates daily progress on a cross-functional team, spots impediments, and helps teammates resolve emergent issues
- Mentors team members, providing technical guidance, product development experience, and enterprise process support
- Actively participates in building and operating a CI/CD development model
- Builds visibility into the software system through logging, observability platform integration, and performance tracerouting
- Ensures security compliance requirements are implemented in the delivery of software solution
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related experience
- 7-10 years industry experience building scalable commercial software systems
- Java expertise required
- Confident developing solutions with AWS technologies, container-based solutions, and microservices architectures
- Proven ability to design and deliver RESTful and streaming API services on a SaaS platform
- Experience with security best practices to include vulnerability management, continuous scanning, and OWASP top 10 software best practices
- Strong grasp of database design principles to include distributed databases design (i.e. columnar, document, key/value, relational), data modeling, and solution architecture streamlining that factors database design
- Well versed in agile social coding best practices to include version control, peer review, test driven development, DRY maintainable coding, shift-left development, and scrum-based project execution
- Excellent decision making. Ability to identify scalability and architecture challenges ahead of feature development
- Excellent written and verbal communication and technical presentation skills
- Spring boot, Junit, and Mockito are preferred
Salary - $110,000 - $125,000
Eligible to participate in the company bonus program
- We cover 75% of the cost of medical insurance premiums for employees & their dependents with three medical plans through Blue Cross, Blue Shield.
- We cover 75% of the cost of dental and vision insurance premiums for employees & their dependents.
- We provide a 50% 401k match of the first 6% of the employee's contribution (for a max of 3%).
- We also provide $50,000 of life insurance, Long-term disability and an Employee Assistance Program.
- All new hires receive a $250 stipend to help them set up their home office.