Apr 07, 2023 - Exeon is hiring a remote Software Quality Assurance Engineer. 📍Location: Germany, Switzerland.
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
80-100% | June 2023 | remote in Switzerland or Germany
Founded in 2016, Exeon is a Swiss-based cyber tech company on a mission to use cutting-edge technology to protect sensitive data and corporate networks. ExeonTrace, our ML-powered Network Detection & Response (NDR) platform, enables companies to monitor corporate networks, immediately detect cyber threats, and effectively safeguard their IT and OT networks – quickly, reliably, and completely hardware-free. The self-learning algorithms for detecting anomalies in network activity were developed at ETH Zurich and are based on more than ten years of academic research. Exeon was recognized with various international awards across Europe. Our interdisciplinary team consists of data scientists, machine learning experts, white hat hackers, network security specialists and business professionals. We are committed to becoming a leading NDR provider and have already gained the trust of renowned companies across Europe.
What your impact will be like:
As a QA Engineer at Exeon, you will be a core member of our Development Team thus closely collaborate with our backend and frontend developers and professional service engineers. You will improve the quality of our cutting-edge software, ExeonTrace by designing, implementing, and executing tests focused at the top of the testing pyramid, identifying, and documenting defects, and cooperate with our developers to resolve issues.
In particular, you will:
- Provide timely and meaningful feedback by reviewing requirements, specifications, and technical design documents.
- Create detailed, well-structured, and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Coordinate, prioritize, and plan testing activities including estimation.
- Conduct regression testing thoroughly after resolving bugs.
- Develop and apply testing processes to meet client needs.
- Work closely with our developers to identify system requirements while tracking the quality assurance metrics such as open defect counts and defect densities.
- In the medium or long term, implement automated tests using open source tooling.
What you can expect from us:
Exeon offers an open company culture that values and encourages diversity, teamwork and a growth mindset. Our goal is to provide our employees with an exciting, supportive and motivating environment for personal growth and career development while ensuring that our team maintains a healthy work-life balance. We strive to achieve this by offering:
- Manifold opportunities to shape your professional profile and grow according to your personal goals in an innovative start-up environment
- Working in close collaboration with our interdisciplinary team and learning from our Security Experts, Data Scientists, and Business Professionals
- Taking over responsibilities quickly and help shape and promote a cutting-edge security software
- A high degree of trust, flexibility and independence
- An exciting and impactful job in a fast-growing Swiss cyber tech company expanding across Europe
- Many freedoms in terms of working hours and place of work (remote or in the office)
- A young, diverse and dynamic team of tech and business professionals
- A competitive salary and appealing benefits package
- Lots of fun, exciting interactions and new challenges.
What makes a good person-job-fit:
We are looking for a proactive, self-motivated and enthusiastic individual who’s comfortable in a high-paced start-up environment. In addition, we are looking for certain requirements and skills to establish a good person-job-fit:
- A thorough understanding of Agile methodology, QA, and Defect Lifecycle
- Open, reliable, and collaborative professional who enjoys working in teams and can take ownership over individual projects.
- Strong knowledge of testing practices, including the ability to efficiently specify, develop, and support test cases and test plans.
- Experience with BrowserStack for cross-browser testing, Postman for API testing, or other similar manual testing tooling.
- An initiative, solution-oriented, innovative professional, who is passionate about ensuring quality.
- Experience with identifying and creating test data.
- Familiarity with Linux and Docker.
- Fluent English.
Nice to haves:
- Interest and passion for cybersecurity and the culture of a fast-growing start-up culture.
- ISTQB Foundation certification or equivalent experience in software testing.
- A professional who has a Master’s degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Cyber Security (or similar) and ideally at least three years of practical experience.
- Experience with Selenium and Playwright or similar automation testing tool.