Axiom Cloud is transforming how the world’s cooling systems are powered, operated, and maintained in order to generate significant climate and financial impact. We need to deliver fantastic products at a massive scale to realize this mission.
We are therefore seeking an ML Engineer who will be a key contributor to the design, implementation, and delivery of those products. You will directly contribute to solving the hardest technical challenges we face, which are incredibly unique and varied at this intersection of mission-critical refrigeration systems, industrial controls, predictive maintenance, energy management, and cutting-edge cloud technologies.
Apply if you want to own ML engineering at a rapidly-growing, venture-backed startup. Take the plunge if you want to put your passion for ML to work and play a pivotal role in transforming thousands of commercial/industrial cooling systems into intelligent energy-saving and self-healing assets. Join our team in our journey to make a truly meaningful and highly practical impact on climate change.
What You’ll Do:
- Work directly with the Lead Data Scientist to develop and deploy energy models of commercial/industrial refrigeration systems and buildings at large scale through a unique combination of ML and physics-based approaches.
- Transform proof of concept Virtual Technician anomaly detection algorithms into reliable, robust production systems that serve thousands of inference loads.
- Own our end-to-end ML production approach. Craft highly-scalable solutions to address model health, metrics monitoring, concept and data drift, compute optimization, experiment tracking, and data lineage/provenance in a unique time-series-focused data environment.
- Operate in a multi-cloud environment with a big focus on AWS
- Integrate time series data into production pipelines.
- Collaborate directly with the product and software teams to specify, build, test, and deploy models and algorithms to production.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in MIS, Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Data science or related field
- 4+ years of professional experience of building and deploying ML models to production
- Massive plus: 2+ years of direct experience with time series models in production, such as quant finance/trading, energy/weather forecasting, industrial process monitoring and/or anomaly detection, etc.
- A solid understanding of data structures, algorithms and software design concepts
- Proficiency in data processing, modeling, analytics, machine learning, and visualization tools (python, pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Jupyter notebooks, scikit-learn, Tensorflow or similar frameworks, etc).
- Demonstrated experience in, feature engineering, and time-series forecasting.
- Able to learn new technologies and development methodologies rapidly.
- An enthusiastic self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and generates innovative solutions to tough problems.
- Passionate about technology innovation, commercial/industrial SaaS, energy, and making a positive impact on climate change.
Our key technologies include:
- Amazon Web Services (S3, Lambdas, RDS)
- Python 3
- Kubernetes (K8s) & K9
- REST & SOAP API
- HTML, CSS
What we offer:
- Compensation in competitive base salary and equity.
- Access to competitive and efficient 401k with Employer Contribution
- Access to health insurance and other benefits as they become available.
- Stipend for professional development and wellness
- “Honor system” PTO policy (no specified limits), flexible work schedule, Paid Parental Leave
The Fine Print
We’re a startup. The work is demanding, but we’ll make every effort to find an arrangement that works.
Occasional on-call monitoring rotation.
Axiom Cloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.
Powered by JazzHR