Apr 21, 2023 - CallMiner is hiring a remote Director, Data Science. 📍Location: USA.
The Director of Data Science and Analytics is responsible for hands-on, global oversight of the customer-facing data science professional services organization. This senior management role oversees the development and implementation of Data Science Consulting Services engagements for customers. The individual communicates effectively within and across organizations to accelerate the programs and optimization efforts necessary for achieving planned business goals for both our customers and for CallMiner, including but not limited to developing cutting-edge AI solutions to solve difficult problems. Also, key for the role is the ability to recruit, develop, motivate, retain, and reward a best-in-class team that can be measured by a set of pre-determined goals.
- Managing our professional services data science strategy to company goals and execution of internal and external projects, including being the lead data science partner for the senior leadership team.
- Scope, design, build, and/or deliver ML models and components that solve real-world business problems, while working in collaboration with the Product, Engineering, Research, AI, Customer Success, BA, Sales, and Marketing.
- Ensure all DSCS code is well-managed to reduce vulnerabilities, models are wellgoverned from a risk perspective, and the ML follows best practices in Responsible and Explainable AI.
- Monitor and stay current with changes in data science trends, technologies, and principles, particularly in relation to AI and machine learning applications on behalf of clients.
- Support individuals and teams by providing guidance, expertise, best practices, and development work (when necessary) on developing and deploying analytic models, machine learning, AI, and general data science techniques and methodologies.
- Communicate findings with stakeholders to improve business decisions and/or influence strategic direction.
- Stay current with the internal sales cycle and identify opportunities for DSCS engagements.
- Design solutions and allocate resources to support new, existing, and potential clients.
- Educate and support Professional Services teammates on data science methodologies and evolutions for enhancing client services and relationships.
- Lead, influence and contribute to Data Science capabilities as the thought leader and internal\external expert on machine learning and advanced analytical techniques.
- Support Finance, Operations, Sales, and Success in negotiating, administering, and closing DSCS contracts with customers.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor or Master preferred in a quantitative field such as computer science, statistics, economics, engineering, mathematics, or physics.
- Four or more years of experience in customer-facing data science role.
- Strong coding fundamentals and background in python.
- Capable of explaining the most complex models in a succinct and digestible manner.
- Experience with NLP pipelines and sentiment tools.
- Experience in using statistical modeling and/or machine learning techniques to build models that were/are used in a production environment.
- Demonstrated management and leadership experience.
- Proven resource management experience and skills.
- Knowledge of CallMiner’s solution suite or similar solutions is a plus.
CallMiner is the global leader in conversation intelligence. Powered by AI and ML, CallMiner delivers the industry’s most comprehensive platform to analyze omnichannel customer interactions at scale. We help our customers to connect the dots between insights and action, enabling them to identify areas of opportunity to drive business improvement, growth and transformational change. CallMiner is trusted by the world’s leading organizations across retail, financial services, healthcare and insurance, travel and hospitality, and more.
CallMiner's core set of values – from teamwork and ownership to success and joy – serve as a touchstone for what we strive to create in a workplace culture and weave through everything we do as a company. We believe that by building a team of brilliant, inspired people, we can truly accomplish amazing things together. We are committed to providing an inclusive and equitable workplace where everyone feels accepted, valued, and understood.
Our strong commitment to a positive workplace has earned us the recognition of a 2021 & 2022 Top Place to Work by the Boston Globe and a 2022 Top Workplace USA by Energage.
Benefits + Perks
At CallMiner, we believe having a work-life balance is key to being able to deliver your best every day. We strive to offer a well-rounded and generous benefits package designed to provide the coverage options and flexibility to meet both individual and family needs. This includes quality medical, dental and vision benefits, life and disability insurance, reimbursement programs for both fitness and tuition, 401k matching, generous PTO including an annual volunteer day, paid maternity and parental leave, commuter benefits and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.