Apr 26, 2023 - Mimo is hiring a remote iOS Developer. 💸 Salary: €57k - €66k. 📍Location: EMEA.
At Mimo, we believe that coding can open doors to careers and opportunities like few other skills. That's why we've rallied around the common goal of making coding universally accessible.
We're looking for an iOS Developer to join our Engagement Team. You will be responsible for building and delivering a delightful experience where our learners are at the center of everything we do, helping us become the largest tech school and helping millions more learn to code.
What you’ll be doing 💭
- You will design, implement and test user-facing product features using Swift, SwiftUI, and reactive programming with Combine.
- You will collaborate with a cross-functional team of mobile and backend developers, product designers, and product managers.
- You’ll own features end-to-end, from planning and implementing to shipping and optimizing.
You’ll thrive in this role if
- You’re a seasoned developer. You have multiple years of experience as an iOS developer shipping features for large-scale and real-time applications building consumer-facing products, and actively helping others to improve.
- You’re a product-minded engineer. You’ll embody this mindset by thinking about the bigger picture, using data to make informed decisions, and challenging what’s already there.
- You bring excellent attention to detail. You are meticulous and thorough in your work, and you leave no stone unturned. You put in time and effort to ensure your code is top-notch.
- You care about code quality. You enjoy working collaboratively with your peers and provide meaningful and timely feedback in code reviews.
- You have a sense of ownership. You believe in solving a problem entirely rather than simply shipping a solution. You operate autonomously and follow through on your commitments.
- You’re familiar with Apple’s app review process. You've already spent some time playing around with the App Store and getting to know Apple's guidelines.
How we work 🌍
- For this role, we ask you to be located adjacent to Eastern European Time (UTC ±0, UTC +1, or UTC +2).
- If you’re located outside this time zone range and want to move to the company’s official headquarters in Austria, we’ll handle the work permit process and cover travel expenses.
- If you prefer to work outside your home, we offer a physical location in Vienna and co-working stipends in other cities.
- We love working async so that you can set your own pace and schedule.
Our global perks and benefits
- We have a remote-first mentality and give everyone a home-office budget.
- 25 days of paid vacation in addition to your local public holidays and paid sick leave.
- We sponsor team retreats throughout Europe and remote-friendly activities, like hack weeks and coffee breaks.
- To further develop yourself, use our €1k growth budget for books, online courses, conferences, or anything else that supports your development.
- To give our menstruating team members the time off to cater to their health when needed during their menstrual cycle, we offer up to 2 days of paid menstrual leave per month.
- Your annual salary will range from €57k to €66k gross annually. Your salary will automatically increase by 5% every year. No questions asked.
- The chance to build a world-class product, positively impact millions of aspiring developers, and be a virtual owner of the company with equity (phantom stock).
Our 4-step hiring process, in a nutshell
- You’ll first have a video call with a member of the People team for a quick get-to-know chat.
- Then, you’ll be given a take-home challenge to work on. Don’t worry; we know you have many things on your plate, and good things take time. You won’t be given a deadline.
- Next up is the technical interview to show off your skills to the hiring manager.
- Lastly, you’ll meet your potential future peers for a laid-back conversation.
- If everything goes silky smooth, you’ll receive an offer from us shortly after. Fingers crossed 🤞
With the Mimo app, we've made it easy and fun for more than 15 million beginners to start coding on the go and build up their confidence to pursue a career in tech. From bite-size coding exercises to full-fledged projects, we’re helping our learners form a habit of coding and reach university-level learning outcomes. And with the launch of cohort-based programs, we’re well on our way toward becoming the world’s largest tech school. If you, too, want to help millions of people learn to code and eventually become developers, this is your opportunity to shape the future of tech education.