Apr 26, 2023 - Olo is hiring a remote Data Engineering & Data Infrastructure. 📍Location: USA.
The Engineering Manager of Data Engineering and Infrastructure is responsible for driving the tech vision and strategy of Olo’s data engineering and infrastructure initiatives, including designing, implementing, and maintaining data pipelines and platforms enabling data-driven decision-making, analytics, and machine learning capabilities.
Reporting to the Director of Data Science & Engineering, you will lead and coach seven Data and infrastructure engineers with two embedded resources to develop their skills, impact, and career paths. In addition, you will work alongside Product, Engineering, and Data Science teams to mature our platform to meet their data needs and help answer critical business questions.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo’s headquarters in NYC.
What You'll Do
- Work in partnership with executive stakeholders, product, and engineering team, and data science team to deliver on the data strategy and roadmap.
- Lead the team in designing and building trusted, reliable data assets and ETL pipelines that are critical to the health and direction of the company
- Lead the team in building Olo’s machine learning infrastructure along side data science and platform team
- Lead the team in building/maturing Olo’s homegrown ETL tool and data warehouse
- Provide technical vision in data infrastructure and tool selection,guiding the design and development of our data platform
- Help develop and advocate for data democratization, self-serve services and tools, roadmap and prioritization process with data quality in mind
- Manage and retain a high-performing team of database engineers/administrator
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members
- Vendor management and contract negotiation
- Work with our security and privacy teams to ensure we maintain a strong data security and privacy posture. This includes regulatory compliance (PCI, CCPA, GDPR, SOC), encryption, de-identification of PII, defense in depth, zero trust, and more.
What We'll Expect From You
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field.
- 8+ years of experience in data engineering/data infrastructure with a progression to a senior technical level, with at least 3 years in a managerial role.
- Strong technical skills in data modeling, data warehousing, ETL processes, data streaming, tooling, and database design and management.
- Experience with dbt is a must.
- Experience with cloud-based platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP is a must.
- Experience with cloud-based data stores such as Snowflake, Redshift, Big Query, and PaaS RDBMS is a must.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Amazon EMR, Spark, or Kafka.
- Experience in vendor management and contract negotiation.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and mentor team members to deliver high-quality work, and the ability to develop future leaders to scale your leadership.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Exposure to Data Governance ( Data Quality, Metadata Management, Security, etc.).
- Experience with machine learning infrastructure is a plus.
Olo is the engine of hospitality powering the restaurant industry's digital transformation. As a leading open SaaS platform, we enable over 600 restaurant brands to jointly reach 85 million connected guests across approximately 84,000 locations. More than two million orders per day run on Olo's platform, allowing brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations while raising the bar on hospitality. The result: brands do more with less and make every guest feel like a regular. With integrations to over 300 technology partners, our customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. You have likely used Olo and not even known it! Learn more at olo.com
We’re remote-friendly. Since 2015, we have been evolving our culture to continue to support a more distributed workforce and now over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. If you're in the New York City area, you can choose to work remotely or from Olo's headquarters, located in Tribeca.
We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of paid time off, 10 separate sick days, 11 holidays plus year-end closure, fully paid health, dental, and vision care premiums, a 401k match, remote-office stipend, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, volunteer time off, gift matching policy, and more!
Our best estimate of the compensation range for this opportunity is $175-$222k annually, depending on the experience you bring and your location. We look forward to discussing your salary expectations and our full total rewards offerings throughout the interview process.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team makes our workplace better. Don't meet every single qualification in the job description? Market data shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, that is free from discrimination and harassment; this allows us to make better decisions and better serve the communities we’re a part of. So if you're excited about this role but your previous experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility, please contact us at email@example.com.