Apr 27, 2023 - The College Board is hiring a remote Full Stack Developer. 💸 Salary: $58k - $77k. 📍Location: Puerto Rico.
Technology Organization – San Juan Tech Squad
100% Remote in Puerto Rico
The San Juan Tech Squad is a diverse group of 6 talented individuals. The team’s role ranges from software development to infrastructure. We manage our own servers, applications, and databases on the Amazon Cloud. We also manage SharePoint sites and our Internet web page (www.LATAM.collegeboard.org). We follow the Agile philosophy under a SCRUM framework while maintaining DevOps practices. We support vendor risk assessments, security audits, and accessibility reviews for internal and external platforms. We also keep track of remediation and mitigation plans to comply with PCI, PII, SOC2, ISO 27001, and WCAG. Our team provides endpoint support for our two sites in PR and works closely with our IT counterparts in the US offices to leverage knowledge and best practices.
As a Full Stack Engineer on the Software Development Team you will prepare, guide, and execute design strategies based on best practices and company standards to improve our products for the students we serve. You will develop code that is aligned with our AWS North Star goals, and you will research new technology to enable future application migration to a modern tech stack. You will help to maintain applications and work to identify opportunities that enhance business process effectiveness through technology. You will guide and execute the troubleshooting and resolution of problems within the production, quality/test, and development operating environments.
In this role, you will:
Development and implementation (60%)
- Execute the construction of new or existing software developments.
- Perform unit testing and coordinate end user testing of software for company applications.
- Coordinate the deployment of new or existing software developments.
- Communicate complex technical information to the Software Development Director in a timely, concise, and coherent manner.
Strategy and design (30%)
- Prepare design strategies based on best practices and company standards for new or existing software design and architecture.
- Research new technology and prepare recommendations.
- Design solutions that follow College Board’s security policies and accessibility standards
- Facilitates and translates business needs into business requirements and systems designs.
- Drives the agile delivery of user-centric applications by preparing storyboards and mockups.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of industry trends and evolving technology to recommend strategic improvements for the continuous maintenance and optimization of our systems where applicable.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
Maintenance and support (10%)
- Provides technical assistance in primary areas of competence and task management support.
- Provide technical support to third parties regarding the use, understanding, design, and implementation of College Board products, providing end user and on-site support when required.
- Provide timely, through and audience appropriate communications in response to inquiries, and when proactive and preemptive actions are needed inform team members and management.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
About you, you have:
- Bachelors in computer science or engineering, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server RDBMS, Business intelligence (BI) tools like SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and automated testing software
- Experienced in Cloud Computing, DevOps, and Microservices and experience working with AWS resources such as Lambda, S3, Step Functions, EC2, and RDS
- Knowledgeable and passionate about processes that promote quality, operational efficiency, and business continuity within our software systems.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English
Our Benefits & Compensation:
- College Board offers a strong compensation and benefits package that attracts top talent looking to make a difference in education.
- Our robust benefits package includes health, dental, and vision insurance, tuition assistance, paid time off, paid parental leave, retirement benefits with a generous matching program, and more.
- We reward performance through annual bonuses and provide opportunities for salary growth over time through base compensation increases, merit raises and promotions.
- We believe in compensating staff members fairly in relation to each other, their qualifications, and their impact. The salary range for a new employee in this position is $58,000 - $77,500. The salary offer of an individual candidate within this range is specific to their location and qualifications.
- Each salary offer is determined carefully using internal and external benchmarking and adjusting for the candidate’s location. You will have an opportunity to discuss salary in more detail after you begin the application process.
- As a self-sustaining non-profit organization with global impact, College Board offers a job that matters, a team that cares, and a place to learn, innovate and thrive!
- We are motivated to positively impact the educational and career trajectories of millions of students a year.
- We prioritize building a diverse and inclusive team where every employee can thrive, and every voice is heard.
- We value learning and growth; we offer formal and informal ways to lead through your superpowers, sharpen your strengths, and meet your development goals.
- Our high-performing engineers work with the latest technologies, so you will be constantly learning and sharpening your skills, enabling you to be industry-forward instead of left behind technologically.