Senior DevOps, Remote
PaleoWest is a solution-driven heritage consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best cultural resource management professionals in the industry. We place an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry, and leveraging those advancements toward the management of non-renewable cultural resources. PaleoWest prioritizes professional development within the framework of innovation and forward thinking to encourage career advancement and research development.
Codifi, a wholly owned subsidiary company of PaleoWest, is building the ultimate digital solution for fieldwork that primes users in unique industries (cultural resource/heritage management, tribal, archaeology, paleontology, and more) to approach field data-gathering with respect and reverence, increasing the quality of data capture and preservation with user-friendly, intelligent, and intuitive digital tools, and liberating humans from the drudgery of forms.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for managing the development and deployment of software products and services. You will work closely with the development team to ensure that software is built, tested, and deployed in a consistent and reliable manner. You will also be responsible for implementing and maintaining the company's DevOps processes, tools, and infrastructure.
Codifi is on the critical path to MVP/market launch. This role requires a creative and capable technologist and strategic thinker who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced, agile working environment with a balanced mix of excellence and urgency.
Hire Type: Full-time (Salaried)
Schedule: Monday–Friday, normal business hours (Flexible)
Location: National, Remote
The Senior DevOps Engineer is expected to perform with independence and initiative, with direct support from the Head of DevOps, and is expected to collaborate with other company leaders and members of the Product and Technical Teams, including Analysts, Developers, and Quality Assurance. Job duties include:
- Providing technical leadership, assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for DevOps projects and initiatives.
- Leading projects within architecture and work with Product Owner/Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
- Providing subject matter expertise to team members; may participate in teaching and training members of the work team.
- Driving quality and standards by implementing lifecycle infrastructure solutions and document associated operations.
- Participating in the development of technical/business approaches and new or enhanced technical instruments.
- Leading a DevOps team engaged with multiple Agile projects with planning, scoping, and creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production, when necessary.
- Assisting in live site support and incident resolution, when necessary.
- 10+ years of total DevOps experience
- 5+ years of work experience using public cloud infrastructure provisioning and configuration with Kubernetes and Serverless stack built on frameworks like Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- 4+ years of experience with CI/CD and DevOps tools like Gitlab, AWS, Azure, Artifactory, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in public cloud services working with IaaS, PaaS
- Strong scripting skills in Python, Shell, Groovy, etc.
- Strong/Expert knowledge of container provisioning and management (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Experience in implementing reliability measurements like Availability, Error Budgeting, and DevOps metrics like Lead Time, Failure Rate, etc.
- Experience with Cloud Native platforms and tools including Kubernetes, Helm, Serverless Framework, Terraform, Lambda, Hashicorp Vault, and AWS CLI
- Excellent knowledge of build-time dependency management, testing/code-coverage tools, quality control, and test automation
- Experience with system architecture or microservices architecture
- Experience with RESTful web services
- Understanding of PCI-DSS, CCPA and GDPR compliance
- Hands-on experience with Datadog Monitoring and Alert setup with custom metrics and dashboards
- 15+ years of total software engineering experience
- Experience in a production environment strongly desired
- Working knowledge of diverse databases
- A desire to share, teach, and learn as part of a team
- Ability to align schedules to overlap and collaborate with augmented staff on the East Coast and in India
- Cultural awareness/sensitivity; confidence and interest in working with diverse team members, including augmented staff
- Thrives in ambiguity: in the absence of a clear path, creates the path and defines the resource map and strategy to address
- Prior startup experience
- Exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
- Good written and spoken communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, PaleoWest requires all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. We accept requests for religious exceptions and medical exceptions.
PaleoWest offers great benefits package and huge growth potential. Pay will be commensurate with experience and bonuses may be offered for exceptional performance. Our benefits package includes health, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with employer matching, paid time-off (PTO), telecommuting, and mentorship programs for career growth.
PaleoWest participates in E-Verify to ensure all staff are authorized to work in the United States. PaleoWest is also an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
We encourage minorities, women, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community to apply.
**PaleoWest is not able to offer visa sponsorship at this time **