Apr 30, 2023 - Wolfe LLC is hiring a remote Senior Data Scientist. 📍Location: USA.
Wolfe, LLC, is an e-commerce company, located in Pittsburgh, PA, focused on next-generation gifting business models.
We are well known for being the company that started the first coupon website in 1995 which sold to a public company in 2000, at the peak of the dot-com era, when we were delivering 20 million page views per month. We then built Direct Response Technologies; grew it to 70 employees; and sold it to Digital River in 2006. We spun off Jambo Media with our tech team and sold it to Undertone in 2012.
We built and focused on GiftCards.com from 2006 to 2016 and sold it to Blackhawk Network. We had over 100 employees.
Since 2016, our focus has been Gift Card Granny, PerfectGift, GiftYa, Give InKind, and Reaf Marketing. We have roughly 150 employees and contractors. We are experiencing triple digit growth year over year for 3 years, thankfully. Our organization is committed to a positive work environment, and we prioritize our culture to continue to facilitate our high performance as a cohesive culturally enlightened team. We use OfficeVibe, Bonusly, and other leading tech tools to ensure our initiatives are effective.
Company and Executive Team Recognitions:
- 2022 Smart 50 Award
- 2022 First place - Fast 50 Growing Companies Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Business Times
- 2020 Best Places to Work by the Pittsburgh Business Times
- 2019 Carnegie Science Award Recipient, Entrepreneur Category
- 2017 Outstanding Entrepreneur Award Winner by the Pittsburgh Venture Capital Association
- 2015 Business Times Diamond Award Winner
- 2015 Business Ethics Award Winner
Wolfe is seeking a Sr. Data Scientist to lead the development of our in-house fraud systems by working with external partners, fraud and risk team, developers, and product owners to maximize accepted e-commerce orders. We will rely on you to build data products and machine learning to extract valuable business insights while being supported by our team of developers and analysts as needed.
In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. We also want to see a passion for machine-learning and research.
- Direct the strategy of our internal fraud prevention system
- Work closely with the fraud team and other stakeholders to understand the business model and purchase flow process
- Analyze data and translate analysis into meaningful indicators for fraud prevention
- Apply data mining, machine learning, and other advanced statistical concepts to extract relevant patterns, predictors, and actionable insights from large and potentially disparate or unstructured datasets
- Build, deploy, and enhance algorithms that help address our objectives of maximizing legitimate e-commerce orders
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- 5+ years of experience as a data scientist or data engineer
- 3+ years of industry-specific experience strongly preferred but not required.
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, or relative quantitative field; relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of an advanced degree.
- Expert with SQL, Python, R and/or other relevant statistical applications and programming languages
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra) analytical, machine learning, and AI engineering skills
- Analytical mind and business acumen
Compensation & Benefits
Wolfe is committed to providing its employees with a benefits package designed to give them the flexibility they need to ensure a healthy life/work balance. Wolfe offers its employees great benefits and perks, including, but not limited to:
- Medical, Prescription, Vision, Dental, and 401k
- 15 Days of PTO to start
- 11 Paid Holiday's
- Restricted Stock Units (RSU's) (This is an ownership and profit-sharing program. Our employees have earned over $18m through this program since 2000)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee recognition program
- Charitable Donation to a Charity of YOUR Choice yearly
- Refer Friends, and if we hire them, you get awarded
- Family Picnic, Holiday Party, and other employee outings
Top 75% pay range versus other local employers
Brown bag sessions to keep you informed on the company/industry
Wolfe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Wolfe does not sponsor individuals for the purpose of obtaining H-1 Visas.