May 02, 2023 - Unitary is hiring a remote Machine Learning Engineer. 📍Location: Europe.
Unitary’s purpose is to make the internet safer to improve lives and create a fairer world. Our mission is to develop video understanding AI and deploy it at scale to solve real-world problems in content moderation and beyond. We believe in an online world free from harm, where we can trust AI to make safe and fair decisions.
Unitary is a remote-first team of 25+ passionately curious individuals who want to improve our online world by understanding its content using AI. We are on the cusp of something very exciting, and are about to enter a period of explosive growth. We’re looking for people who enjoy solving serious challenges with determination and playfulness, just like us! You will be working with a group of kind and collaborative people in a tight-knit, fast-moving and international team. We are looking for someone who is as excited about Unitary’s mission as we are, who wants to have a large impact at an early-stage startup, and be a key part of defining Unitary’s future as one of our early employees. We need versatile people who are happy to get stuck into whatever needs doing, and are ready to learn and grow with the company.
We are now looking to grow our ML team with another ML Engineer. As part of this role, you will:
- Design, develop and maintain cutting edge, robust Machine Learning algorithms for text, images and video.
- Apply software engineering best practices for Machine Learning projects, including testing, CI/CD etc.
- Monitor, optimise and debug Machine Learning based features on production and on scale.
- Proactively identify and evaluate new technologies and practices to improve performance and maintainability of our models and codebases.
- Be an active member of a team of highly-motivated and highly-skilled individuals.
- Communicate complex concepts clearly to technical and non-technical audiences within Unitary
- Collaborate with teams within the engineering and product departments
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Deep Learning industry experience for Computer Vision or NLP
- Strong programming skills in Python, and experience of PyTorch
- Previous experience designing, developing, and maintaining software for training, evaluating, deploying and monitoring machine learning algorithms using software engineering best practices
- Familiarity with handling datasets involving either images, videos or text
It would be good, but not essential, if you have:
- A PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with the Transformer model architecture
- Experience with Deep Learning inference frameworks and servers, such as TensorRT or Triton Inference Server.
- Experience with some MLOps tools for one or more of the following: dataset versioning, experiment tracking, model lifecycle, monitoring production models
- Experience with data engineering best practices
- Experience working with a remote, international team spread across different countries and time zones
Unitary is a remote-first company that believes happy people are a must for company success. We are committed to creating a great culture built on genuine interest for each other's wellbeing and shared positive experiences.
We are fiercely passionate about making the internet a safer place, and deeply motivated to become a force for good. We believe that as individuals we are awesome, but as a team, we are unbeatable.
We offer progressive and market leading benefits, which we hope will enable everyone to create well balanced and exciting lives both on and off work. To name a few of them:
- Flexible hours and location
- Flexible public Holidays (choose to take public holidays on the days they fall, or take them at a different time of the year when it fits your values, beliefs, and calendar better)
- Share options
- Occupational pension
- Paid parental leave (3 months of fully paid for everyone regardless of gender, location or family situation)
- Paid sick leave (2 weeks fully paid)
- Brain-Love Budget (£1,000 per person per year towards professional development and growth)
- Feel-Good Budget (£500 per person per year towards anything health and wellness related)
- Location: Fully Remote in Europe / London HQ