May 07, 2023 - PaleoWest is hiring a remote Senior Full Stack Engineer (Mobile). 💸 Salary: $100k - $140k. 📍Location: USA.
Senior Full Stack Engineer (Mobile) – Remote
PaleoWest is a solution-driven heritage consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best cultural resource management professionals in the industry. We place an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry, and leveraging those advancements toward the management of non-renewable cultural resources. PaleoWest prioritizes professional development within the framework of innovation and forward-thinking to encourage career advancement and research development.
Codifi, a wholly owned subsidiary company of PaleoWest, is building the ultimate digital solution for fieldwork that primes users in unique industries (cultural resource/heritage management, tribal, archaeology, paleontology, and more) to approach field data-gathering with respect and reverence, increasing the quality of data capture and preservation with user-friendly, intelligent, and intuitive digital tools, and liberating humans from the drudgery of forms.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer with a focus on mobile applications, you will play a critical role in designing and building solutions that cater to the needs of our field users who typically work in challenging, disconnected environments. Codifi is on the critical path to MVP/market launch. This role requires a creative and capable designer and strategic thinker who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced, agile working environment with a balanced mix of excellence and urgency.
Your primary responsibility will be to design and build mobile applications for iOS and Android tablets. You should possess a proven track record of creating innovative mobile solutions using NodeJS, Typescript, React, .Net Core 7, C#, and MongoDB. As the central designer and developer, you will collaborate with the team to create high-quality solutions that meet user requirements and contribute to the continuous improvement of the development processes. Your expertise in Full Stack development, coupled with experience in building and maintaining complex mobile applications, will be invaluable in this role.
In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional teams to bridge the gap between user requirements and technical implementation. You will also have the opportunity to participate in the development of new features, as well as the improvement of existing ones, with a focus on delivering the best possible user experience.
You will be expected to perform with independence and initiative, with direct support from the Head of Engineering. You are expected to collaborate with other company leaders and members of the Product and Technical Teams, including Analysts, Developers, and Quality Assurance.
Hire Type: Full-time (Salaried)
Schedule: Monday–Friday, normal business hours (Flexible)
Location: National, Remote
- Work closely with key business stakeholders and product owners/managers to understand the business and deliver innovative solutions to complex problems
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to define technical user stories, build and test solutions
- Work with Frontend and Backend applications and cross-functional teams to design integrated solutions, test, and deploy
- Design and build Web applications with enhanced UX
- Build and maintain APIs for internal and external exposure
- Design, deploy, and manage cloud services (Apple and Google stores)
- Implement unit and automated integration tests
- Think critically and provide end-to-end solutions that can impact multiple systems
- Design, deploy, and manage cloud serverless architecture in Azure and AWS
- Represent the Digital team in various other areas of IT to provide integrated solutions
- Work on products built in Agile and DevOps delivery models
- Establish and adhere to coding standards and follow GitLab/VSTS branching and release strategies best practices
- Create solution architectures and application designs that are flexible and scalable
- Contribute to engineering communities of practice and document work
- B.S. or M.S. degree in computer information science or related technical field
- 5+ years with mobile iOS/Android development
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in building APIs and supporting backend services with relational DB and/or MongoDB
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in building frontend applications with React
- Expert in designing and building Node.js APIs
- Expert in designing and building .Net Core API architect
- Expert in C#
- Expert in designing and building React Single Page Web Applications
- Expert in unit and automated integration testing on both APIs and frontend applications
- Expert in React, reusable React components, React hooks, and integrating with APIs in React
- Expert with Production hand-off and support
- Experience working in a fast-paced, start-up/MVP focused environment
- Experience with Agile development methods
- Excellent analytical problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent team player with proven ability to influence diverse stakeholder groups
- Willing to learn and work in a highly adaptable, continuously changing environment
- Able to give and receive open, honest feedback and to foster a highly collaborative environment
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills for team development
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, PaleoWest requires all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. We accept requests for religious exceptions and medical exceptions.
PaleoWest is one of the most respected firms in the industry, with offices across the United States. If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please send a resume and cover letter, including professional references and pay requirements. Pay and benefits are commensurate with experience.
PaleoWest offers great benefits package and huge growth potential. Pay will be commensurate with experience and bonuses may be offered for exceptional performance. Our benefits package includes health, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with employer matching, paid time off (PTO), telecommuting and mentorship programs for career growth.
PaleoWest participates in E-Verify to ensure all staff are authorized to work in the United States. PaleoWest is also an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
We encourage minorities, women, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community to apply.
**PaleoWest is not able to offer visa sponsorship at this time **