May 16, 2023 - RedCloud Technologies is hiring a remote Data Scientist. 📍Location: Portugal.
In a $31tn FMCG market, with over 1 million manufacturers, 20m distributors and wholesalers and over 500m independent retailers, less than 3% of the B2B trading is currently done online. Our mission is to grow global online commerce for the world's small businesses by removing the barriers to online trading.
Currently, due to antiquated and high-cost payment networks, over $19tn of trade payments are made offline, adding complexity and inconvenience to online trading. This has resulted in local retailers, who directly influence >80% of local consumer buying behaviour, often being the least technically equipped with data, pricing, or the latest inventory.
So we built an Open Commerce Platform that enables the sale and distribution of FMCG products to be made much simpler. Products should be in front of sellers fast, in real-time, through an immersive commerce experience, with trade buyers and sellers able to see live commerce opportunities and pricing. We have built a digital ecosystem that is specifically designed to unlock the full value of the distribution network, providing real-time visibility for order and inventory management. Our innovative platform provides brands and distributors with deep data insights into buyer trends and behaviours and helps identify opportunities for upselling and cross-selling products.
- Data wrangling from diverse sources, making it all come together and play nice
- Creating data descriptive/predictive/prescriptive analytics from scratch to guide decisions throughout the enterprise
- Applying best-practices in data use: checking reliability, premises, robustness, scalability
- Working with the whole data team to build state-of-the-art tools
What you should have:
- Solid coding: You can deliver production code that is reliable, readable, modular, scalable. You understand the importance of testing and documentation. You are comfortable with code-reviews
- Collaborative attitude: you are a professional who knows how to communicate and cooperate in a team environment
- earning mindset: you are not daunted by new challenges or learning something from scratch. You get motivated and dive in
- Comfort with SQL
- Comfort with advanced exploratory data analysis
- Comfort with (Bayesian) statistical modeling and inference
- Experience with a Python data stack: Numpy, Pandas, Matplotlib, et al.
- Experience with predictive analytics / simulation / recommendation
- Experience with Snowflake and DBT
- Experience with PySpark and handling large datasets
- Experience applying machine learning model
Check out the links below to see what our CEO Justin Floyd has to say about our plans for growth for the year ahead, and to see our latest video on the mission we're on!