May 16, 2023 - IV.AI is hiring a remote FS2 Full Stack Engineer. 📍Location: USA.
IV.AI, a US company headquartered in Los Angeles, is looking for Full Stack engineers to join its product team and help build out its product offerings for its growing list of enterprise clients. The role will be reporting directly to the CTO and will collaborate closely with the rest of the engineering and data science teams to built-out features for the current product offering. The role isn't a machine learning role but the ideal candidate should be interested in the NLP/machine learning space. We're a distributed team that works collaboratively across the globe, we're not quite a remote-first company - but we're pretty close.
Your primary responsibility will be to work on our enterprise software stack for our diverse blue chip clients. You'll be delivering production ready code and be actively contributing to our core product stack.
Salary range: $80,000 to $120,000 annual based on experience
- Develop new features for the different products IV.AI builds for its growing list of enterprise clients
- Be involved in the full software lifecycle
- Work directly with Technical Project Manager to determine build complexity and resource requirements for project and client build
- Write clean and concise code that can easily be collaborated on by other team members
Great engineers come from different backgrounds: some are educated and some are self-taught. We’re a team of engineers that embodies this: so we’re not necessarily looking for a CS Masters or a Ph.D.… what we are looking for is someone who cares about shipping great code, is creative in their outlook to solving problems, and also considers the details. If you have the following experience, then we’d love to hear from you:
- 3+ years experience in Software Development
- 2+ years experience writing code in TypeScript
- Our primary working stack is TypeScript, React, Prisma and Postgres: so some experience in any or all of these would be ideal
- Experience building atomic/modular codebases
- Experience with managing production apps on GCP, Heroku, or AWS (we're semi-agnostic when it comes to the cloud)
- Other data modeling experience (whether SQL schema, GraphQL types, MongoDB, etc)
- Examples of shipping production-level code
- API design experience
- Some Python experience would also be beneficial
Who are we?
IV.AI is the world's smartest AI platform for unstructured data. We have grown fast but aim to retain the scrappy nature that enabled us to find important insights that outperform the industry standards. There are a lot of companies right now that talk about the potential impact of AI while we hustle hard and have proven the benefits repeatedly. See validation on the homepage or via case studies and press.
We’re trying to help everyone become better informed by using machine learning - whether it's a model that makes sense of noisy social media data, a voice-powered interface, or a conversational interface, we want to help others make more informed decisions by using AI.
Our inclusive culture values people regardless of their background, education, or upbringing. In order to train machines to act appropriately, we need to be representative of the entire population. AI is only as good as the teams working on it and the training it receives.
You should expect hard challenges working with our tier 1 client list. In just 3 years we have built a scalable platform with 1000s of AI solutions for Fortune 500 companies including Sony, Netflix, Time Warner, Fox, Capital One, Estée Lauder, to name a few.
Being professional and respectful of our clients is of the utmost importance. We work with blue-chip clients and we sometimes work with very sensitive data.
Our employees are constantly problem-solving and assessing their own output to maximize delivery. It's important that our team is always looking for the best way of addressing problems so we can manage customer expectations.
We never try to write more code than is necessary for a task. We modularize and systemize everything. Concurrency is important to us and simple solutions always win. We work together to determine best practices/processes and to stick to them. We believe that no challenge is too hard.
We’re still young. Expect that you'll be part of a core team, able to have a say in the future of the company. Also expect that the senior team has no problem being challenged: they love to listen.
Who you should be...
You should love to build things and be excited about AI. You should be smart and always willing to learn. You'll be able to accept your own limitations and be honest that nobody knows everything, anybody is able to ask for support. You will always be looking for solutions that can speed up workflows. Efficiency is at the top of your mind. You like doing things the "right" way, but are pragmatic when you have a deadline.
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Wellness Resources
- Stock Option Plan