Aug 01, 2023 - Routeware, Inc is hiring a remote Senior Software Engineer. 📍Location: Canada.
Routeware is the industry leader in providing SAAS software solutions, integrated technologies including RFID, AI, video, hardware/software, and data analysis that enables public and private enterprises to improve the effectiveness of their waste and recycling programs. Our solutions help organizations achieve a digital transformation that saves time and money, increases efficiency, improves safety, and helps to make our world a greener place.
Based in Portland, Oregon, the company is PE-backed and employs a distributed team across North America and the UK. Our brands, products, and services provide an all-in-one solution to municipal and private waste haulers and other fleet services. As part of an essential and growing industry, we seek solution-oriented team players who want to positively impact the environment. Our work environment is collaborative, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun with a strong appreciation for innovation and initiative.
• Intellectual Curiosity - We nurture skills, knowledge, and creativity.
• Emotional Intelligence - We are personable, positive, and caring — and we don't take ourselves too seriously.
• Customer Focus - We advocate for our customers.
• Team Commitment - We take ownership, play well with others, and are reliable.
• Solution and Action Orientation - We approach solutions proactively, collaboratively, and thoroughly.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for producing and implementing functional software solutions. The individual in this role works with the Director of Engineering to define software requirements and take the lead on operational and technical projects, as well as closely working with Customer Support to resolve issues.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Architect, design, and write software.
- Participate in quality assurance activities including integration and system testing.
- Support activities related to rolling out new releases to customers.
- Write and/or review documentation typical of software development methodologies such as Product Requirements, Functional Specifications, and Integration Test Plans.
- Participate in agile and scrum-like engineering processes including daily standups, code reviews, and sprint planning as appropriate.
- Assist junior members of staff with pair programming and mentorship.
- Provide technical assistance to Customer Support, including problem diagnosis and issue resolution.
- Research new technologies and solutions as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience.
- Strong background with an RDBMS, such as SQL Server or PostgreSQL.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Experience with continuous integration and unit testing.
- Data Analysis skills.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Cloud-based platforms such as AWS or Azure
- Experience configuring/managing Atlassian applications such as Bitbucket, Bamboo, Jira, and Confluence.
- Experience with React or Angular preferred.
- Comprehensive benefits (medical with HSA option, vision, dental, and life insurance)
- Paid parental leave
- Medical and Dependent FSA
- 401K match
- Unlimited PTO
- Nine company holidays
- 1 Volunteer day
- Summer Friday's
This is a full-time, anywhere in Canada.
Routeware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination or harassment. At Routeware, we are committed to the principle of equality, and all employment decisions are based on job requirements, business needs, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.