Jun 22, 2023 - Social Discovery Group is hiring a remote Senior Node.js Developer. 📍Location: Worldwide.
Social Discovery Group is the world's largest group of social discovery companies which unites more than 50 brands. For more than 20 years we have been creating premium international dating services and social discovery apps with a focus on video streaming, AI technologies, entertainment, and game mechanics. Our product portfolio includes Dating.com, Cupid Media, Dil Mil, and many others. The products are already used by more than 500 million users in 150 countries around the world.
SDG Invests in social discovery technology startups around the world. Our Investments includes: Open AI, Patreon, Flo, Wildly, RAW, EVA AI, Clubhouse, Magnet, Tubit, Woebot, BamBam, Flure, AstroTunes, Coursera, Academia, Harbour, Space, Woebot, Auto1, DocSend, AppAnnie, Rapyd, Boom Supersonic, Trading, View, K-Health and many others.
We solve the problem of loneliness, isolation, and disconnection with the help of digital reality.
Our digital nomad team of more than 800 professionals works all over the world. Our international team of like-minded people and professionals solves ambitious tasks every day and creates truly global products. We value focusing on results, a proactive approach, and we are always for new and unconventional ideas.
Our teams of digital nomads live and work remotely from Cyprus, Latvia, Malta, the USA, Thailand, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Australia, Poland, Israel, Türkiye, Latvia and many others.
We are looking for a Senior NodeJS Developer for one of our investment products.
- Developing new as well as optimizing and refactoring current business functionality;
- Participation in architectural planning;
- Development of current streaming solution (video services)
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience with NodeJS, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ;
- Experience in developing distributed and/or highly loaded applications;
- Technical English;
- Russian - Native.
Will be a plus:
- Experience with Golang, WebRTC, RTP and RTCP.
Why it's interesting to work:
- Streaming: It's a complex technical product that requires constant exploration of new technologies and approaches in areas such as video streaming, codecs, protocols, architectural solutions, network protocols, high loads, database scaling approaches, APIs, and more.
- Strong and cohesive team: There is a great sense of camaraderie within the team, with a willingness to help and an opportunity to learn from colleagues.
- Interesting product from a business perspective: There is full transparency and understanding of the impact of your work on product metrics, real users, and no desk-bound work. There's a drive and desire to outperform competitors, ambitious tasks, and the ability to influence the product and its features.
- REMOTE OPPORTUNITY to work full time;
- Bonuses up to $5000 for recommending successful applicants for positions in the company;
- Full payment for professional training, international conferences and meetings;
- Corporate discount for English lessons;
- Health benefits. If you are not eligible for Corporate Medical Insurance, the company will compensate up to $1000 gross per year per employee according to the paychecks. This can be spent on self-purchase of health insurance or on doctor's fees for yourself and close relatives (spouse, children);
- Children's education reimbursement. The company will compensate 50% of the costs of education for children ( kindergarten or school) but no more than $1000 gross per year per child according to the paychecks;
- Workplace organization. The company provides all employees with an equipped workplace and all the necessary equipment (table, armchair, wifi, etc.) in the locations where we have offices or co-workings. In the other locations the company provides reimbursement of the workplace costs up to $ 1000 gross once every 3 years according to the paychecks. This money can be spent on the rent of the co-working room, on equipping the working place at home (desk, chair, Internet, etc.) during those 3 years;
- Own line of branded clothing and accessories with corporate logo for different occasions;
- Library of technical and business literature, lectures on Art&Technology and HLS;
- Internal gamified gratitude system: receive bonuses from colleagues and exchange them for time off, merch, team building activities, massage certificates, etc;
- 7 wellness days/ 7 paid days per year (time off) that can be used to deal with household issues, to lie down and recover without taking sick leave.