Jun 30, 2023 - ReversingLabs is hiring a remote Data Scientist. 📍Location: Croatia.
ReversingLabs application security and threat intelligence solutions have become essential to advance cybersecurity around the globe. Funded by our recent Series B investment , we're on a journey to expand and grow by hiring top talent across the security industry.
Every application threatens businesses with new supply chain risks. ReversingLabs is the only company that can dissect any binary at unprecedented speed, scale, and explainability to protect the enterprise end-to-end.
Our mission is to help IT professionals secure their code from supply chain threats. If this sounds interesting and you wondered what the Log4j fuss in the news was all about, you can become a part of our solution that secures the software release process for publishers, and manage third party risk for software buyers. We are seeking extraordinary talent to help forge this transformational journey at ReversingLabs. Your future role as a Data Scientist is extremely important to the success of our solution - secure.software platform for software assurance. This is a game-changing opportunity.
About the team
The machine learning team is a part of the Research group in ReversingLabs. The projects include data-driven approaches to file type identification, malware classification, detection of hidden payloads, and extraction of file properties related to security. These projects complement the more conventional static analysis techniques developed by threat analysts and reverse engineers in the group, and aim to be practical for threats present in real-world data distributions. For data, we leverage the existing ReversingLabs file reputation collections and feeds of novel samples received from security industry feeds, threat intelligence, and in-house harvesting. Other than straightforward product-oriented projects, we also engage in more research-oriented endeavors aimed at threat hunting, threat intelligence, and data quality in our file metadata collections. As a part of our team, you will also have the chance to work on large language model research projects. The biggest challenge of the machine learning team is working with complex data and a shifting data distribution. This often requires an investigative mindset and cooperation with threat analysts and reverse engineers to create finely tuned and reliable solutions.
As a Data scientist, you would analyze data to define the scope of individual projects, create datasets, create and test predictive models, and monitor the performance of models on real-world data. The ideal set of skills would be data analysis, cybersecurity domain awareness, general machine learning and modeling, and experience with robust models deployed in production environments, but the position is also an opportunity to develop these skills. This means that we welcome various backgrounds that could grow into this position, such as data scientists with an interest in machine learning or cybersecurity practitioners with an interest in data-driven approaches.
*For this position we are only considering candidates that are already based in Croatia!
*We support all working models - on site, fully remote (if you are based in Croatia) and a hybrid model of remote work and coming to the office 😀
- Experience working with a Linux-based OS
- Experience with machine learning tools, e.g. scikit-learn, Tensorflow, PyTorch
- Experience with Python data science tools, e.g. pandas, matplotlib, scipy, numpy
- Experience with SQL
- 2+ years of experience in data science or machine learning field
- Experience with analytics platforms, e.g. Elasticsearch, Kibana
- Experience with predictive models in production environments
- Experience with managing data-driven projects
- Interest in the cybersecurity domain
- Hybrid work options (paid accommodation & transportation to Zagreb during onboarding for remote employees)
- Flexible working hours
- Generous compensation and a bonus system based on annual performance
- Hefty personal education budget and possibility to attend leading conferences and seminars in the field
- Company library and possibility to order books of choice via Amazon
- Permanent contract in a fast-growing global company with Fortune 500 & governmental agencies as clients
- Challenging projects in a dynamic, collaborative team
- Opportunity to work on innovative solutions in malware analysis & software assurance, crafted in our very own Croatian R&D center
- Great career advancement opportunities - clear goals & internal promotions
- Employee referral bonus program: EUR 1,060 net for junior position, EUR 2,123 net for mid to senior positions, and EUR 2,654 net for principal/managerial positions
- Multisport card, annual health checkup, newborn child allowance, rent-cost, and 3rd pillar pension benefits
- Wellness Weekends - quarterly, company-wide three day weekend, starting with a company paid Friday off for all employees
- Fully covered car garage in Radnička for all employees