Jul 02, 2023 - Mediavine is hiring a remote Senior Backend Engineer. 📍Location: USA.
Mediavine is seeking an experienced Backend Software Engineer to join our Grow engineering team. This engineer will have an expert understanding of web technologies and wants to help design, implement, and launch major user-facing features. Applicants must be based in the United States.
Mediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing nearly 10,000 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space. Founded by content creators, for content creators, Mediavine is a Top 20 Comscore property, exclusively reaching over 125 million monthly unique visitors. With best-in-class technology and a commitment to traffic quality and brand safety, we ensure optimal performance for our creators.
Mission & Culture
We help content creators build sustainable businesses. From educational tools and cutting-edge plugins to ad technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down your site, our motivation is to ensure their brand and business grow in every respect.
We are striving to build an inclusive and diverse team of highly talented individuals that reflects the industries we serve and the world we live in. We are committed to creating a culture where everyone feels welcome. We are looking for individuals that will challenge us to continuously evolve and make Mediavine the employer of choice for people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage minorities and individuals from underrepresented groups in technology to apply for this position.
Diversity and inclusion aren't platitudes to us; we take them seriously. Have a look at our team and read through our blog posts to learn more about our values and discover if Mediavine is the place for you!
We’re constantly adding new features via continuous-deployment. Some of the backend-heavy features we’ve worked on recently or will be working on shortly include automated newsletters with content personalized by AI; integrations with ConvertKit, MailerLite, and Mailchimp; unlocking downloadables; our take on a link-in-bio page; and user impersonation using SAML authentication.
You love to work with a talented team where you have weekly team time (we play Among Us, have Oculus Quests, and do fun group activities) and you're supported in your efforts to grow professionally. You are able to manage your time well, communicate effectively and collaborate in a fully distributed team.
You should have significant experience designing, debugging, and optimizing backend applications to make them fast and reliable. You have experience participating in code reviews and providing overall code quality suggestions to help maintain the structure and quality of the codebase.
- Oversee efforts for multiple projects under your team’s purview
- Aid in sprint planning and timeline management, working closely with Product Managers and the Tech Lead as needed
- Help clarify requirements and contribute to discussions during backlog refinements
- Design and create engineering specifications for software applications and complex features
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Work with Quality Assurance Engineers to develop software test plans
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Organize the effort, assess the work, determine scope
- Interpret and fulfill engineering sprint stories
- Frequently develop complex features and bug fixes
- Pair program with other developers and provide technical guidance to others as needed
- Applicants must be based in the United States
- 7+ years of progressive experience in software engineering roles
- Extensive hands on experience working with Node.js & Typescript
- Experience working with AWS Lambdas, SES, and SQS
- Highly motivated, highly collaborative and highly inclusive
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience working with Postgres or other relational SQL databases
- Experience in the AdTech industry
- Experience with Email Service Provider integrations (MailerLite, ConvertKit, MailChimp, etc.)
- Experience with Google Firebase, OAuth, and/or SAML authentication
- Remote work environment
- Travel opportunities (remember those!?)
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Learning allowance
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies
- Additional side benefits such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag and more
- Company match charitable donations
Mediavine is an Equal Opportunity Employer