Jul 04, 2023 - Meshcapade is hiring a remote Front End Engineer (x/f/m). 📍Location: European timezones.
Meshcapade is the 3D digital human company. We are creating realistic human avatars for use in apparel, games, fitness, AI, and augmented reality. Using machine learning and computer vision, we model the nuances of human body shape and movement. We automatically convert photos, 3D & 4D scans, RGB-D sequences, Mocap and even words into realistic 3D humans. We are a spin-off from the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems in Tübingen, Germany and our products are powered by state of the art, patented research. Our core product, Meshcapade Studio, is an online platform for the creation, animation, and use of 3D digital humans. Our clients run the gamut of global names; a broad mix of tech, media, health and fitness, apparel, and education.
We are looking for a front-end developer with mastery of their domain. We want someone who can transform a design brief and wireframes into a functional, maintainable, and performant web application. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record of outstanding user interface authorship. We are a small startup and every member of our team is expected to pitch in where necessary, up to and beyond the edges of their wheelhouse. We seek someone who will speak their mind with the confidence which experience brings.
- Develop and maintain web applications and APIs used by customers around the globe
- Build infrastructure and interfaces that are maintainable, flexible and scalable
- Anticipate customer needs, proactively fix problems and develop new features
- Implement designs from wireframes, prototypes, and briefs using modern web technologies
- Communicate with backend engineers about API requirements and refinements
- 5+ years professional experience as a frontend engineer
- Computer Science or Software Engineering Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Mastery of front-end frameworks and GUI construction (React)
- Experience with web technologies including REST, HTML 5 and CSS
- Experience integrating third-party APIs for auth, payment, etc.
- Experience with version control, CI/CD and testing frameworks
- Stellar, proactive communication and teamwork skills. As we are remote, we need an engineer who will take an active role in daily communication with the rest of the team, and who will work to understand the core problems we seek to solve and the business we conduct
Bonus Skills :
- Experience with Nextjs
- Experience with Astrojs
- Experience working with 3D assets, WebGL and threejs
- Experience working with AWS infrastructure
- Experience with Linux Containers and Docker
Frontend Engineer (x/f/m)
Full-time (Remote optional; EU time zones preferred)
Salary: From €65,000 + excellent benefits
Talent Acquisition Process:
- Interview with our Talent Acquisition team;
- Interview with the Engineering team members;
- Technical Assessment;
- Debrief and interview with stakeholders;
- Meeting with our CEO
What we offer:
- A competitive compensation package;
- Full remote working support;
- An entrepreneurial team passionate about creating the technology to power the world's avatars;
- Opportunity to work with an internationally diverse team;
- Great perks (autonomy, flexible working hours, hardware budget, co-working space allowance and team events).
Diversity isn’t just a statement at Meshcapade, it sits at the core of the company.
We believe in the diversity of thought because we appreciate that this makes us stronger. Therefore, we encourage applications from everyone who can offer their unique experience to our collective achievements."