Jul 04, 2023 - Crystal Knows is hiring a remote VP/Director of Product. 📍Location: USA.
Crystal has been product-led since our launch in 2015 (way before anyone was talking about "PLG"). Since then, over 2 million people have signed up for our personality data platform and thousands companies have become B2B customers.
We're looking for a VP of Product who can take full ownership over product strategy, design, and management. This role will have a huge impact on Crystal’s long-term direction, so it requires someone with boldness, discipline, creativity, and focus.
While Crystal has been around for 8+ years, both our product and the market around us are rapidly evolving (especially with recent AI advances) and we have a lot to build if we want to achieve our vision of being a "coach for every conversation." Our user base is extremely broad and diverse, coming from all types of industries, roles, and company sizes. While this is a major advantage, it also creates challenges for product strategy—we have many potential use cases, but we need to have the discipline to say “no” to most of good ideas in order to say “yes” to the few great ones. These are complex, multivariate decisions that require lots of research, data, and an overall gut feel for user behavior. You will be the primary owner of these decisions, and you will be measured on your ability to improve metrics like customer retention, conversion rates, and product usage.
You will lead our product team, which currently includes design and data science. This is an ideal role for a rising product leader who wants to work with a high degree of autonomy on a product with thousands of existing daily active users, and who wants to make a major impact on a rapidly growing early stage technology company.
You’ll be working with an extremely effective engineering team, a very collaborative sales/marketing team, and a product-oriented CEO. You will be measured by your impact on product metrics, your ability to communicate, and your leadership skills. If that sounds exciting to you, we should talk.
Your normal week will include:
- Defining and owning the core metrics we use to measure usage, adoption, and retention.
- Owning the product roadmap, setting priorities, and settings timelines to ensure its success.
- Leading and building the product team, which includes PMs, designers, and writers.
- Ensuring that customer feedback is collected, organized, and incorporated in the product.
- Supporting the sales team with materials and discovery sessions for key prospects and customers.
- Creating product documentation and collateral, along with our design team.
- 5 or more years of of product development/management experience, preferably in a fast-paced SaaS environment.
- 2 or more years of experience leading a product team, with significant ownership over strategy.
- Strong bias towards customer-driven product development.
- Ability to make high-level product decisions, measure results, and iterate quickly.
- Strong experience with user analytics and SaaS funnel metrics.
- Willingness to experiment with new strategies and move at a fast pace to learn.