Junior Data Scientist Engineer - US, Full-Time, Salary $70K-$80K
Minimum 1 year of work experience - Remote (US/Canada residing people only, with work permit)
Freshers are encouraged to apply.
The Future of AI is Patterned We are a stealth-mode technology startup that is revolutionizing the way AI is used. Our platform uses pattern recognition to train AI models that are more accurate, efficient, and robust than ever before.
We are backed by top investors, including Sequoia and Andreessen Horowitz, and we are hiring for almost everything! If you are passionate about AI and want to be a part of something big, then we want to hear from you.
Here are some of the benefits of working at Patterned Learning AI: Work with world-renowned experts in AI, machine learning, and pattern recognition. Solve some of the world's most pressing problems using AI.
Make a positive impact on the world. Be a part of a fast-growing startup. If you are interested in learning more, please visit our website.
We Are Looking For People Who Are
Passionate about AI.
Excellent problem solvers.
Driven to succeed.
Skills And Abilities
- Strong knowledge of R or Python for data analysis and modeling.
- Proficiency in statistical programs such as R, SAS, MATLAB, or Python.
- Familiarity with spreadsheets (VBA) and database applications (Access, Oracle, SQL, or equivalent technology).
- Ability to quickly learn new methods and work under deadlines.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of actuarial concepts and life, health, and/or annuity products.
- Experience with statistical modeling techniques such as GLM, Decision Trees, Time Series, Regression, etc.
- Familiarity with Microsoft DeployR.
- Exposure to insurance risk analysis.
- Basic experience in computational finance, econometrics, statistics, and math.
- Knowledge of SQL and VBA.
- Familiarity with R or Python for predictive modeling
Special Benefits You Will Love
Flexible vacation, paid unlimited holidays, and paid sick days
401(k) with up to 2% employer match
Health, vision, and dental insurance
Why Patterned Learning AI?
Patterned Learning AI is made up of incredibly bright, mission-driven coworkers who are passionate about using technology to solve real world problems---and we're growing quickly. In order to continue building an engaging and dynamic organization, we're committed to giving everyone the support they need to do great work.
Our benefits package is designed to allow our team members to be their best selves, both in and out of the workplace. In addition to comprehensive health plans, a 401k program, and commuter benefits, we prioritize family and personal well-being through professional development, parental leave, and a flexible time off policy. Patterned Learning AI offers a robust online onboarding program to train new hires, biweekly all hands meetings, daily meditation sessions, and a variety of internal virtual events to keep employees connected.
We believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are critical to building great technology, and our goal is to cultivate an environment where people feel equally valued and respected. Patterned Learning AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, or veteran status.