Jul 08, 2023 - Medalogix is hiring a remote Data Engineering Manager. 📍Location: USA.
Medalogix is a one-of-a-kind data analytics company in the post-acute care space. We are transforming home health and hospice agencies by leveraging cutting edge data science, machine learning, and innovative cloud technology to equip clinicians and agencies to provide the right care at the right time.
The Company's five machine learning products have demonstrated improved patient outcomes and reduced cost to the healthcare system, including reduced hospitalization, appropriate and timely transitions to end-of-life care, and optimized visit utilization for patients. Medalogix is poised for tremendous growth, as skilled home health and hospice care are positioned as the lowest cost providers in an industry shifting to value-based care.
Medalogix is currently seeking hungry, humble, and smart Manager of Data Engineer to join our technology innovators that are bringing home health and hospice to the next level.
High growth & awesome culture – Medalogix has grown 100%+ for three straight years, with continued material growth planned over the next three years. This success is achieved through passionate, high-functioning talent focused on success. We work hard through our core virtues: Be Badass, Dream Big/Act Small, Do No Harm, and Row Together.
Meaningful work – Our products are used by healthcare providers in their day-to-day care programs. Our company’s work directly impacts patient care in the home.
Modern technology products – At the core Medalogix is a technology company. We build modern, cloud-based SaaS software underpinned by data science and data engineering. Our technology team is passionate about using leading tools and practices in our daily work. We build market leading products that delight our customers. Medalogix products have received recognition from The Boston Globe, Fierce Healthcare, Becker's Hospital Review, HIMSS, and Harvard Business Review.
Competitive compensation & benefits – Medalogix provides big company benefits in a smaller company environment. We provide competitive compensation along with awesome benefits including 401(k) matching.
The Manager of Data Engineering is responsible for the Medalogix data platform. This platform is the foundation for the overall business responsible for ingesting & managing data assets used in Medalogix SaaS products. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, this position will help define, build and operate our next generation, cloud-native data platform. This person will lead the current data engineering group bringing data engineering and development skills that further elevate our team. A great candidate will bring passion and discipline for building innovative & robust data engineering solutions.
A successful candidate will bring significant value and have meaningful impact to Medalogix’s success. They will have defined and built a technical platform for data processing that is layered for change and engineered for high quality operations. They will elevate the team with a specific emphasis on full stack engineering and solution quality. The data platform will be considered leading edge with an ability to expand data assets to enable business growth.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the Medalogix data engineering team
- Work with technology leadership to define the data platform vision and agenda for Medalogix
- Lead through example with ability to get into the details of the day-to-day work
- Improve the platform capabilities for operations including scaling, fault tolerance, monitoring, and alerting
- Implement robust quality practices leveraging tools, environments, and process
- Elevate and support our Agile development practices with specific focus on planning, metrics, continuous improvement, and quality
- Support the Medalogix production systm as Tier 3 support
- Provide design and code peer reviews for solutions developed by other delivery team members.
- Collaborate and support the product management team in the creation of new & upgraded product offerings to drive growth
- Support and enhance our collaborative and innovative team culture that spans the organization
- Mentor, challenge, and grow your peers on the Medalogix technology team.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Significant experience in data engineering cross company data integration solutions
- Ability to work with column databases like snowflake, redshift for data warehousing. Familiarity with three tier data design.
- Experience with Azure Cloud and Microsoft SQL Server
- Ability to create data pipelines using container orchestration with ADF, DBT or other ETL tools
- Ability to express ideas/processes in diagrams and documentation
- A focus on outcomes with an ability to make decisions that are both smart and practical
- Expertise in agile methodologies and related tools with a passion for team success and continuous improvement
- Willingness to work in a highly collaborative, team-based culture
- Highly sponsored healthcare plans to choose from (PPO, HSA, and FSA)
- Optional Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match; immediately vested
- Education Assistance Program/Employee Assistance Program
- Generous maternity / paternity leave
- We celebrate our wins with team events/outings
- Generous Paid Time Off + 8 Paid Holidays + Floating Holiday + Company Sponsored Volunteering Holiday
- Free downtown parking
Medalogix provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.