Sep 16, 2023 - Upstart is hiring a remote Account Executive II, Auto Retail. 📍Location: USA.
Upstart is a leading AI lending marketplace partnering with banks and credit unions to expand access to affordable credit. By leveraging Upstart's AI marketplace, Upstart-powered banks and credit unions can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates across races, ages, and genders, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. More than two-thirds of Upstart loans are approved instantly and are fully automated.
Upstart is a digital-first company, which means that most Upstarters can live and work anywhere in the U.S. We also have offices in San Mateo, California; Columbus, Ohio; and Austin, Texas.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
Upstart’s Auto Retail team is building the future for car buying. We believe that the seamless, digital experiences we already use every day in other areas of our lives should be carried over to auto retail and integrated with the showroom experience at dealerships. Think of it as the perfect combination of Apple’s intuitive and elegant online-to-in-store shopping, Amazon’s obsession with convenience and seamless operations, and AI’s ability to streamline and enhance the lending experience—all applied to car shopping.
Offering a fully end-to-end digital retailing platform, including our leading AI lending technology, we are now better positioned than ever to deliver our mission of creating the world’s best car buying experience with cutting-edge auto-retail software, while enabling effortless credit based on true risk. Upstart is excited to continue to expand our core products offerings to the auto space and we need a strong sales team who can bring our unique solutions to dealerships across the country.
As the Sales Account Executive II on our Auto Retail Sales team at Upstart, you will have a net new revenue focus, and be the fuel for Upstart’s Auto Vertical customer growth. You are an experienced strategic seller who can navigate complex sales cycles and can close deals with clients large and small within an assigned regional territory. You will be accountable for exceeding monthly and quarterly quotas and are comfortable working in a fast-paced tech sales environment.
Position Location - This role is available in the following locations: New York/ Philadelphia/ Boston, territory aligned.
Travel Requirements - In addition to client travel this team has regular onsite collaboration sessions. These occur twice per Quarter in Austin, TX. Upstart will cover all travel related expenses.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Sell AI enabled solutions to auto dealerships who can benefit from Upstarts suite of auto retail products
- Manage a full cycle sales pipeline from prospecting to close
- Present the value of products and services to prospective buyers via virtual and onsite demos
- Generate revenue and exceed quarterly sales quota
- Partner with key cross-functional partners including product, engineering and dealer success to drive product improvements for prospective and current dealer customers
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of full cycle sales experience within the automotive industry, strong preference for previous auto SaaS experience
- Proven track record hitting and exceeding aggressive sales targets selling complex software solutions to new customers
- Ability to engage with businesses at all points of the sales cycle, including prospecting, product demonstrations, onboarding, and close
- Ability to persuasively sell both remotely and in-person for more complex deals
- Strong communication, effective problem-solving, networking and excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work remotely and travel frequently. There is also an expectation to work occasionally from our Sales office in Austin, Texas
- Ability to manage a complex sale that includes multiple buyers and influencers, including c-suite, as well as complicated requirements and integrations
- Ability to manage extended teams consisting of sales engineers, dealer success managers, lending specialists and customer success team
- Responsible for generating sales opportunities via prospecting and outreach both individually and leveraging a broader demand generation team including sales development representatives.
- Delivers compelling presentations and support pre-sales product demonstrations to prospects and customers
- Previous experience within automotive industry
What you'll love:
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with Health Savings Account contributions from Upstart
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to $4,500 and immediate vesting and after-tax savings
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Life and disability insurance
- Generous holiday, vacation, sick and safety leave
- Supportive parental, family care, and military leave programs
- Annual wellness, technology & ergonomic reimbursement programs
- Social activities including team events and onsites, all-company updates, employee resource groups (ERGs), and other interest groups such as book clubs, fitness, investing, and volunteering
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks when working in offices
At Upstart, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. The anticipated annualized base salary for this position is expected to be within the below range. Your actual base pay will depend on your geographic location–with our “digital first” philosophy, Upstart uses compensation regions that vary depending on location. Individual pay is also determined by job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
In addition, Upstart provides employees with target bonuses, equity compensation, and generous benefits packages (including medical, dental, vision, and 401k). Sales positions generally offer a competitive On Target Earnings (OTE) incentive compensation structure. The salary listed below for sales roles is On Target Earnings which includes both salary and commission, assuming 100% target achievement.
United States | Remote - Anticipated On Target Earnings (OTE)
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing an application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please email email@example.com