Jul 09, 2023 - Clarity AI is hiring a remote Data and Technical Operations Engineer. 📍Location: Spain.
Clarity AI’s mission is to bring social impact to the market. Our disruptive tech tools allow investors, companies, and consumers to invest sustainably, shop sustainably, and report or benchmark for sustainability with easy-to-use, AI-powered technology.
We are a team of 300 highly passionate individuals coming from all over the world. Together, we have established Clarity AI as a leading startup backed by investors and strategic partners such as Blackrock and Deutsche Borse who believe in us and share our goals. We have plans to continue growing our teams in Spain, the UK and the US this year so if you would like to join us on this rocket ship, keep reading!
We are looking for a Data and Technical Operations Engineer to join our Data Strategy team.
Working as a Data and Technical Operations Engineer you will boost our data collection efforts, help us scale and build the most complete and reliable database of sustainability information.
The role provides an opportunity to contribute to the mission of Clarity by transforming and innovating processes and scaling data collection projects while working in a multicultural, flexible and fast-paced environment.
LOCATION: Spain, remote
- Possess very strong SQL and Python database skills.
- Ability to use different tools like SnowFlake, AWS Services (ie. S3), Airflow and DBT
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (Minimum C1 level-proficient user). Other languages are a plus.
- Experience in data quality, data protection/privacy, advanced analytics and similar related to the field of data management. Understanding of data lineage and mapping.
- Collaborate with engineering teams and stakeholders to build key datasets and data pipelines using Python/ETL frameworks.
- Working with the Business and Technology to deliver business initiatives on time by understanding the business need and responding with the necessary functional, systems and data requirements analysis.
- Analysis, elicitation, presentation and validation of requirements to business and technology stakeholders to ensure all stakeholders have a common understanding of the requirements and the goals/objectives of what needs to be delivered to the business.
- Understanding of working as an agile member and providing mentorship to other team members.
- Performing analysis on existing platforms and databases/sources related to the initiative(s) to collaborate effectively with Architects and Technical Leads in-house and from 3rd parties, to collaborate on solution options to meet the business requirements.
- Actively resolve/mitigate/escalate risks/issues/events which may affect strategic delivery and ensure the expectations by internal and external stakeholders are managed accordingly.
- Support the configuration/integration of third party tools. Ability to do queries to APIs and clean and prepare the output for subsequent workflows.
- Support for pilot testing on data retrieval using APIs or any other means for evaluation purposes or for capture as part of the collection efforts.
- 3+ years industry experience in the data analytics and data engineering field.
- Knowledge of version control and developer environments
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, Python and database concepts.
- Experience using AWS, Airflow, DBT and SnowFlake
- Familiarity with data warehouse development and best practices.
- The versatility and willingness to learn new technologies on the job.
- The ability to clearly communicate complex results to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels. Experience communicating to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross functional and diverse teams at all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational, time-management skills with the ability to succeed in a fast paced environment with changing requirements and priorities.
- Highly motivated, independent and deeply passionate about sustainability, impact and finance.