Jul 11, 2023 - Studentfinance is hiring a remote Product Designer. 📍Location: Europe.
You'll enjoy this role the most if:
- You thrive in remote work environments with regular team meetups & retreats
- You ask good questions and don't shy away from figuring out the answer if we don't have them (yet)
- Your superskill is user empathy & translating user research into insights for teams you work with
- You thrive in extreme ownership and leading all aspects of product design
- You believe that education changes lives
The World Economic Forum predicts that we will need to retrain one billion people by 2030. StudentFinance’s Career Mobility Platform is here to scale upskilling globally.
We are proud to empower economic mobility and change people's lives through revolutionary education financing. Our startup is backed by VCs like Iberis Capital, Mustard Seed MAZE, Armilar VP, Seedcamp and many more. And the news is out - we just raised our Series A funding round and 2023 is a year of acceleration! 📈
💥2023 in a nutshell:
- We’re upgrading our labor market data intelligence with AI models, technology and machine learning
- We’re serving the UK and ES markets + opening up our operation in Germany
- We’re expanding to new and exciting fields of study, such as green skills/net zero transition and healthcare
We are building the infrastructure to offer outcomes-based financing. Through Income Share Agreements (ISA for short), people defer the tuition payment and only start making payments after securing a job. ISAs are all about aligned incentives, and so are we at StudentFinance. Our end game is supporting our customer's transition to employment and financial health.
We are building a world-class team of purpose-driven and entrepreneurial people, working in a remote setting from cities across Europe.
About the role
As a Product Designer at StudentFinance, you'll play a pivotal role in the entire product development process, from discovery to prototyping to high-fidelity visual designs. You'll work closely with our Product Managers, Product Marketing Manager, and Engineers to create an immersive and seamless experience for our diverse user base, including students, education providers, and employers.
We're not just looking for someone who excels in UX or UI design, but someone who understands the importance of both. You'll need to have a keen eye for detail and a deep understanding of user-centric design principles. You'll be responsible for ensuring the usability of our products, setting the right level of ownership and making sure our users have a delightful experience every step of the way.
- Drive design and user research in all stages of product development and bring your insights to improve decisions across teams you work with - be the voice of the customer
- Develop design concepts that include user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity. mock-ups and success metrics
- Be an essential part of product launches and work closely with product managers and the engineering team
- Build close relationships with, and get feedback and buy-in from, stakeholders, the team, and our customers
- Contribute to developing and improving our product development processes, proposing tools and processes that could make yourself and the team more efficient and productive
- We're a small team and we're all wearing multiple hats which is really hard and really fun - be prepared to work cross-functionally to handle and resolve complex and time-sensitive challenges that are important for the company
- You bring deep user empathy
- Your super skill is conducting user research, turning this into insights and influencing stakeholders to make user-centric decisions
- You a have proven track record of designing the user experience and flow (user research, sigma wireframes, prototype and high fidelity designs)
- You're experienced working with various stakeholders: Product Managers, Engineers and cross-functional stakeholders
- You have experience with an agile development methodology and working directly with clients
- You have worked with Sigma, Sketch, Miro, Storybook or similar tools
- You’ll be our top candidate if you have experience designing for FinTech applications and/or EdTech and / or you have experience managing and maintaining a Design System used across multiple experiences - these are not must haves for the role, however :)
At StudentFinance, we believe our team is our biggest asset. We are very ambitious and hard-working and expect that this benefits package motivates and generates well-being in the team. Please find below a summary of the current benefits package:
- Equity 📈
- You can freely choose your location, we are remote first! ✈️
- Unlimited vacation days and flexible working hours - be your own boss! 🏝
- Yearly home office allowance 👩💻
- Newest MacBook/PC of your choice 💻
- Personal development budget 🤓 and 1on1 mentoring with world-class product design experts from our network
- Annual retreats 🧳🛥🏔✈️🏝