We are looking for an experienced machine learning engineer to join us. We have a close-knit team and unusually challenging work to do! We have a growing need for machine learning ranging from NLP to to computer vision. Delightfully solving users' travel planning needs is a big problem with almost every type of technical challenge.
We value being a top-notch engineering organization, and have the same high standards with our code and people. We value learning and growth (and you not getting bored) so we invest regular time in pushing ourselves. For example, every other Friday is Foo Friday - open time for you to spend time becoming a better engineer. Whether that be a new technology you want to learn, an online class you want to take, or a fun side project you want to work on, how you spend these Fridays is up to you!
Our stack is built primarily with Python but our philosophy is to use the best tool for the job so we're not opposed to using different languages. You would be responsible for helping architect, develop, and integrate machine learning into our product.
We hire diverse, well-rounded, communicative people whom we can envision being friends with and trusting. Our projects tend to be 1-2 engineers maximum, so trust and accountability is required for us to work. Trust also helps us keep processes & overhead to a minimum. So far, we've built a reasonably-sized, high-powered team and are always striving to be the best place to work we can be.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Familiarity with core machine learning techniques and patterns
- Experience using machine learning in a production environment
- You're curious, humble, and able to learn
- Exceptionally strong communication & interpersonal skills: you like and value people
- You're a winner - you deeply care about being the best and producing the best, have an extremely high sense of accountability, and love huge challenges
- Experience with Python
- Startup experience
- Contribute to open source
- Functional programming experience