Jul 16, 2023 - Betterview is hiring a remote Customer Success Manager. 📍Location: USA.
Help us grow in an ever-evolving marketplace. We are seeking an experienced and high-impact Customer Success Manager to help our customers achieve their business outcomes.
WHAT WE DO
Betterview is the Property Intelligence & Risk Management Platform that leading P&C insurance companies depend on to identify and mitigate risk, improve operational and inspection efficiency, and build a more transparent customer experience throughout the policy lifecycle. By empowering insurers to automate pricing, underwriting, and renewal while focusing strategic action on critical properties, Betterview is transforming the insurance industry from Repair and Replace to Predict and Prevent. Combining continuously evolving AI, predictive analytics, computer vision, and customizable workflows to geospatial imagery with commercial, private, and public data, Betterview supports each business's unique needs through transparent, actionable property insights.
Every day, our diverse team is focused on the needs of our customers. We strive to earn their trust by providing valuable, accurate insight that is important to their businesses. We provide our customers with information that is not only useful to their business decisions but is easy to use. We combine high-quality human interactions with sleek, intuitive design and are pioneers on the journey alongside our customers, who are transforming the way they do business with data-driven decision-making.
Betterview is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Customer Success Manager who will be the customers’ partner in realizing business outcomes from Betterview solutions. Part project manager, consultant, and product expert, the Customer Success Manager will focus on helping customers improve their ability to leverage predictive analytics to make better underwriting and risk-management decisions across the entire policy lifecycle.
Reporting to the Director of Customer Success, you will oversee a book of insurance customers that you will work with to discover their business needs in order to grow and retain them. You will provide input on strategic customer plans, helping to identify areas where existing customers could improve their use of Betterview and/or uncovering new uses altogether. You will be responsible for tracking and reporting the appropriate metrics to measure the results of Customer Success as it relates to product usage, contract renewal/expansion, customer satisfaction and churn. You will partner with Sales to help advise prospective customers on the best way to launch Betterview in their companies. Success depends on cross-functional collaboration and elevating the voice of the customer.
As this position will be supporting customers in the Midwest territory, we do require this person to reside in the Midwest.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Lead and manage all account activities for a portfolio of high growth customer accounts.
- Ensure customer satisfaction, measured in part by account renewal and upsell.
- Identify opportunities to retain and grow customer accounts.
- Schedule and execute business reviews.
- Consult on underwriting, claims and loss best practices using Betterview.
- Gather customer feedback.
- Convey engagement, enthusiasm and empathy at the point of contact with all external and internal customers.
- Balance initiative and self-direction with the need to work with and motivate others.
- Roughly 10-20% travel expected.
All employees are required to reside in the U.S., and we are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfer.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO OUR COMPANY
- 1-3 years of experience in a B2B SaaS Customer Success role.
- Proficient working in agile hypergrowth organizations (startup experience is a plus).
- P&C insurance experience is a plus but not required.
- A track record of success executing the ‘expand’ of a land & expand strategy with strategic/enterprise accounts.
- Adept at driving customer loyalty and adoption by leading customers to achieve their business outcomes by leveraging Betterview solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building internal and external relationships by always delivering value.
- Experienced at leveraging Salesforce or another leading CRM.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Has the ability and willingness to travel 10-20%.
- Is good at connecting dots for customers.
- Is proactive in driving business value for customers.
- Is commercially oriented; experienced at securing renewals and qualifying for expansion opportunities.
- Is excited at the prospect of helping to shape an ever-evolving role in a fast growth company.
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Is organized and self-motivated.
- Has great overall attention to detail.
OUR COMPENSATION PHILOSOPHY
Betterview is committed to administering a fair, equitable, and inclusive interview and offer process that is transparent and free of discrimination and in compliance with federal and state laws. The base salary range for this position is $70,000-$90,000 and has been determined through the use of external data sources that provide current market pay rates. The base salary range is considered a national average and is determined by the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this role and does not include our comprehensive benefits described below. When an offer is presented, compensation will be commensurate with an individual’s background, experience, and location; therefore, the range associated with this position could vary. Offers of employment for this position will include base salary, equity, and a comprehensive benefits package.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Generous health benefits – medical, dental and vision.
- Medical offerings include PPO, HMO, and HDHP options through Kaiser, Anthem Blue Cross, Sharp Health, and Sutter Health.
- Betterview covers 75% of the sponsored medical plan employee premium, 60% of dependents.
- For dental and vision, Betterview covers 75% of the employee premium, 50% of dependents.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan.
- Betterview matches 100% of employee contributions up to the first 3% of pay, then 50% of employee contributions on the next 2% of pay.
- FSA and HSA.
- 11 paid holidays.
- Full-time employees receive 160 hours per year of paid time off; part-time employees accrue PTO on a pro-rated basis.
- Paid parental leave. Betterview will provide up to 6 weeks paid parental leave to employees following the birth of an employee’s child or the placement of a child with an employee in connection with adoption or foster care.
- Basic life and AD&D insurance. Betterview pays 100% of the premium. Employees receive a benefit amount of $50,000.
- Shortterm disability. Betterview pays for 100% of the plan premium.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP. Betterview provides free access to a confidential EAP which offers licensed counselors as well as financial and legal experts to help with life’s challenges.
- Pet Insurance. Betterview offers veterinary pet insurance at a discounted rate for employees.
- Charity contribution match, up to $100.
- Cell phone reimbursement.
- Professional development reimbursement.
- Commuter benefits.
Betterview provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Betterview complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Betterview will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Betterview will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you’re applying for a position in San Francisco, review the guidelines applicable in your area.
Betterview expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Betterview employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to complete this application, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.