Jul 17, 2023 - tinyBuild is hiring a remote Senior Game Designer. 📍Location: Worldwide.
DogHowl Games is a Ukraine-based studio, established in 2021, that operates remotely. Currently, we are working on the multiplayer horror game "Level Zero" with a team of approximately 20 game development veterans in collaboration with tinyBuild.
We are seeking a Senior Game Designer with expertise in system design to join our team working on our PVP Multiplayer Horror FPS, "Level Zero". We invite you to become part of a multidisciplinary team of seasoned game developers tasked with crafting a hardcore multiplayer experience.
For which tasks (responsibilities)?
- Design and implement engaging and balanced systems within the game
- Create wireframes, documentation, presentations and layouts using appropriate tools
- Collaborate with diverse roles within a cross-functional development team
- Solve intricate design problems, integrating Combat Gameplay, metagame mechanics, and social interactions to deliver an engaging player experience.
- Utilize playtests and feedback to enhance the fun and excitement of the multiplayer experience
What kind of professional are we looking for?
- 5+ years of experience on AA/AAA PC/Console Games
- Shipped AA/AAA game with complex system design, ideally but not limited to FPS, Survival genres in a senior role
- Experience in building large scale game systems
- A solid understanding of game feel
- An analytical and KPI-driven mindset
- Exceptional documentation skills
- The ability to serve as a source of game design knowledge for the team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to organize game design workflow from initial concept to release and post-release support
- Passion and huge gaming experience in first-person shooters with PvP / Multiplayer PvE
Will be a plus
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Experience building AI and incorporating AI-based characters into a multiplayer experience
- Experience in shooters design as well as combat design
- Knowledge of UI/UX best practices and User Research methods
- Experience in creating game environment driving engaging game experience