Jul 21, 2023 - LanguageWire is hiring a remote Data Engineer. 📍Location: Spain.
Do you want to work with a range of Microsoft Azure tools and take another step into Data Engineering – then you should definitely read on!
The role you’ll play
We are looking for an independent-minded Data Engineer who can help us further develop our Datawarehouse-infrastructure, maintain data discipline and act as a data-broker across the company. Your individual expertise, broad knowledge of data, a drive to learn, and your ability to collaborate with your teammates will be essential for your success.
The team you’ll be a part of
In Business Finance, we are a small team that is based on data, aims to deliver insights & knowledge - in an easy and intuitive way, to all of LanguageWire. We are always open to new ideas and using new technology to help us along the way.
If you want to make a difference, make it with us by…
- Being responsible for a data pipeline infrastructure for ETL in Azure (ADF), using a wide variety of data sources (relational- & non-relational)
- Perform tasks such as:
- Integrate new data sources (via API’s, Data transfers etc.)
- Data cleaning & -aggregation
- Maintain and Build new Tabular Cubes & Power BI Reports (DAX)
- Assemble large and complex data sets to meet functional/non-functional business requirements.
- Identify and automate process improvements – Optimizing data-loads etc.
- Ensure operations stability, perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data integrity
In one year, you’ll know you were successful if…
- You have added cool new data sources for our Machine Learning- or Marketing teams
- You have changed our Tabular model architecture (carve-out, build new cubes)
- You have removed logic from a PowerBI report and pushed it to the Tabular model.
- You´ve identified improvement points of the architecture and applied solutions to optimize them.
- You’ve learned and grown professionally.
Desired experience and competencies
What does it take to work for LanguageWire?
What you’ll need to bring
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar position
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft data stack (on-premise and Azure)
- Knowledge about
- TSQL coding, stored procedures, views, troubleshooting & debugging.
- DAX, Tabular Editor & Power BI
- ETL & Data Management Tools (CI/CD, DevOps)
- Being able to convey your results through conversations, written communications (minimum English C1)
This will make you stand out
- Knowledge of Python, Databricks, Machine Learning or similar
- General coding skills to independently gather data from various sources
- A genuine interest in exploring and utilizing new technologies and platforms
- Be a self-starter and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
Most important things to know about us:
- We eliminate language barriers so people understand each other. Everywhere.
- We are a tech company
- We are an AI company
- We are stable, and we are growing
More detail about us:
At LanguageWire, we are leaders in the world of Language Service Providers, but we are cooler than our competitors. Want to know why? Read on. We are fueled by the most advanced technology (AI) and our goal is to make customer's lives easier by simplifying their communication with any audience across the globe.
We are proud of our unique AI technology and our exquisite customer care. We are even prouder of our people. From our language experts, tech nerds, and customer success drivers to the core of heroes in the background. They all have a stake in supporting the delivery of translations, editing, desktop publishing, and other crazy cool multilingual communication services.
We listen and we care. We adapt our solutions to customer needs and integrate them with customer-specific tech stacks, streamlines and automated workflows. All of this while ensuring all data is protected thoroughly in a secure, meteorite-proof infrastructure. Basically, we've got the whole package!
We are curious. We are trustworthy. We are caring. We are ambitious.
At LanguageWire, we are curious and intrigued by what we don’t understand. We believe relationships are based on honesty and responsibility, and being trustworthy reinforces an open, humble, and honest way of communicating. We are caring and respect each other personally and professionally. We encourage authentic collaboration, invite feedback and a positive social environment. Our desire to learn, build, and share knowledge is a natural part of our corporate culture.
Technology is a big part of what keeps LanguageWire ahead of the competition, but we never forget it’s a business built and powered by people. We ensure that our entire team is happy with what they do and we always incite each other to be their best. Because at the end of the day, that’s why our customers love to work with us—they enjoy working with a team of enthusiastic & ambitious people!
Working at LanguageWire — why we like it:
Our purpose and values are flowing through LanguageWire in many ways: in the collaboration between teams and colleagues, in the relation with our customers and our mindset in how we approach challenges. From an HR perspective, it´s great to see how curious, ambitious, trustworthy and caring all colleagues and leaders are, which makes LanguageWire an amazing place to work. All of that makes it easier to contribute to LanguageWire´s purpose to wire the world together with language.
(Julia, HR Manager, Valencia)
To be part of Languagewire is to belong to a higher collective mindset of empowerment, bold approaches, and skyrocketing ambitions. I believe our success is made possible by streamlined communication, clear processes, and meaningful collaboration across multiple teams, time zones, and hierarchical positions. Everyone is easily reachable and enthusiastic to help. From my perspective, it is impossible to detach it from our drive to provide simpler, smarter and more reliable translation tools. And what better engine do we have than our core values and our purpose to share with the world.
(Patricia, Group Controller, Valencia)
What are the perks?
We don't stand still. We don’t look back; we drive forward!
Are you the next Wire in our community? Consider a career with LanguageWire, and let’s realize your potential together. These are some of the perks of becoming a Wire...
- Scale-up by facts — start-up by heart
- With us, you can enjoy flat hierarchies, responsibility and freedom, direct feedback, and room to stand up for your own ideas
- We are a fast-growing tech company that enables you to be part of the decision-making processes, and suggest new and fresh ways to come up with solutions
- Besides your actual paycheck, we offer benefits such as personal and professional development opportunities, ongoing support from your People & Culture Partner, internal career development and an inclusive and fun company culture
- International company. Offices in Copenhagen, Aarhus, Stockholm, Varberg, London, Leuven, Lille, Munich, Hamburg, Zurich, Kiev, Gdansk, Atlanta and Valencia
- Over 410 employees with great gender and cultural diversity
- At LanguageWire, we offer three flexible work options tailored to how you work best. Depending on your team, you may have the option to work full-time from the office as an "Office Bee," part-time from the office as a "Nomad," or full-time from home as a "Homey."
- We take care of our people and initiate many get-togethers from online fitness classes like yoga to Christmas parties. We have fun!
- More than 200 great colleagues in different business departments.
- Working in an international environment—more than 20 different nationalities
- A dog friendly atmosphere
- Big kitchen with free access to organic fruits and coffee
- Excellent location in cool and modern offices in the city center, with a great rooftop terrace and a view over the Town Hall Square
Want to know more?
We can’t wait to meet you! So, why wait 'til tomorrow? Apply today!
If you have any questions, please reach out to Ana Catalá, People Acquisition Partner (firstname.lastname@example.org)