Jul 25, 2023 - Altoida, Inc. is hiring a remote DevOps Engineer. 📍Location: EST (UTC-5).
Altoida is a pioneer in developing digital biomarkers of neurological disease using augmented reality and machine learning. Our technology platform is designed to enable an objective evaluation of an individual’s neurological health, allowing for more accurate patient selection and stratification for clinical trials, as well as sensitive monitoring of disease progression. Altoida’s mission is to provide life sciences companies with actionable insights using real-world data to increase the success rate for novel therapeutics, and usher in a new era of precision neurology using digital biomarkers. Our proprietary evidence-based platform is founded on more than 20 years of scientific research and published in multiple peer-reviewed papers including Nature Digital Medicine. For more information, visit www.altoida.com. Follow us on Twitter @altoida.
Altoida’s culture is united around six core principles:
- Open Communication
- Embrace Positive Change
- Think and Build at Scale
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for all aspects of product deployments from planning through operations, leveraging your technical expertise to provision, test and manage distributed application systems on the AWS platform. As such, it is critical that candidates demonstrate knowledge of Linux operating system administration, experience in creating automated infrastructures and working with contemporary processes and methodologies for development and operations. This role will report to the Senior Architect and Director of Software Engineering.
- Maintain, improve and extend Altoida’s cloud infrastructure & Linux-based systems
- Engage with Engineering to contribute to the team’s roadmap and project planning process
- Partner with stakeholders to define objectives for code releases and translate them into action
- Design, develop, and operate infrastructure changes and automations to support the development-test-deployment process
- Ensure efficiency, quality, resiliency, and integrity of our systems
- Manage, improve, and test data backups of Altoida's production systems
- Help to ensure compliance of Altoida's services with industry standards, such as GDPR, HIPAA, ISO27001, SOC-2
- Engage outside regular office hours for urgent support
Desired Skills and Experiences
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional highly desired
- Solid understanding of Agile Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience running production workloads in an AWS cloud environment with deep understanding of the core AWS services required (EC2, VPC, IAM)
- Several years of experience managing Linux-based systems
- Comfortable with a GitOps approach and automations using CI/CD; Gitlab experience desired
- Experience managing infrastructure as code, Terraform preferred
- A methodical approach to troubleshooting typical DevOps issues
- Can work independently, as well as in teams, proactively, and in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written, oral, and visual communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
The position is remote with preferred candidates in the Eastern Time Zone or willing to work EST hours.
Altoida provides competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits programs. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position, and/or business unit. The full-time salary range is commensurate with experience.
Altoida’s US headquarters is located in Washington, DC. The position is remote.
Altoida does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Altoida is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.