Jul 27, 2023 - Canvas is hiring a remote Product Manager, 3D Modeling Tools . 📍Location: Europe.
Canvas mobile 3D capture application is transforming the remodelling and renovation industry. Just by scanning with an iPhone, Canvas can capture a 3D model of a house in minutes and then convert it into a CAD model. We are a global remote-first company with presence in the United States and Europe, and have many distributed employees.
In 2013 we released the world's first mobile 3D sensor. Over the years we've built a top technology for SLAM, 3D reconstruction, and conversion of scans into semantic CAD models. In 2020, Canvas was featured in Apple’s own keynote about the iPhone 12 Pro as a significant example of what you can do with its new LiDAR sensor.
Reporting to the VP of Product, you’ll lead a cross-functional team in the development of our proprietary software for AI-powered, semi-automated modeling of CAD models from 3D scans as well as systems used in the process.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll own the product roadmap and drive key business results for your product.
- As an individual contributor, you’ll lead through influence and collaboration to transform concepts into a product that delights your customers.
- Using your product sense and data analysis skills, you’ll analyze the success of the product and determine how to build on that success.
- You’ll report your progress regularly to the leadership team and the rest of the company, championing further improvements to your product and the processes that we use every day.
- Since you’re eager to know your customer, you’ll work closely with our global 3D Operations team, visiting them in person if need be, to build a product that is constantly improving their work and productivity. Our customer is successful when our 3D Ops team is most successful. We want you to drive that success.
You should have:
- 3+ years of PM experience at a product-based tech company. Startup experience or product experience at another company respected for great product management is a plus.
- Strong technical skills. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to thrive in a startup culture where resources are limited.
- Great product sense.
- Outstanding analytical skills, specifically in the dissection of user data and Business Intelligence tools to drill down on insights and create solutions to data-driven hypotheses.
- Excellent communication skills with different audiences: customers and partners, engineers and designers, sales and customer support, legal and finance, executive leaders and the CEO.
- Customer obsession. Know what your customer wants and what their kids ate for breakfast. Thrive on making your customer happy and successful.
- Excessive attention to detail.
Nice to have:
- Experience related to architecture, CAD, BIM, 3D modeling, or 3D graphics.
Pay, perks and such:
At Canvas, we offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, HSA, flexible vacation, a 401(k) plan (or equivalent) and a parental leave program. We also offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, including learning and development stipends, along with a few others to come.
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and different industries to apply. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career could look like here at Canvas.
Compensation will be based on experience and skill, commensurate with market rates and will include both salary and equity in Canvas.
Canvas is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment to our employees and welcome input from candidates and employees on how we can enhance our inclusiveness.