Jul 29, 2023 - Fairmatic is hiring a remote Underwriting Assistant. 📍Location: UK.
Location: Fully remote, UK
At Fairmatic we're on a mission to make roads safer, one fleet at a time.
Fairmatic is revolutionizing the auto insurance industry by using data and AI to personalize options and incentivize safe driving with savings. Our predictive risk models have been trained with 200 billion miles of driving data and tested with hundreds of thousands of paying drivers
Our leadership team includes serial entrepreneurs, insurance industry innovators, and startup veterans who have raised over $88M in funding in less than a year.
As an Underwriting Assistant you will be a vital part of this journey. You’re hands-on: not only can you see the big picture and how things tie together but you can dive into the weeds and execute projects and assignments with little oversight. You will work closely with our amazing internal teams, external partners, and use your curious mind and attention to detail to ensure that our underwriting team has everything they need to write solid risk.
We are looking for a hungry, motivated and talented insurance professional who loves technology, analytics and offering solutions that positively impact our consumers. This teammate is willing to open the hood and use data to bring business insight to our dynamic product offering. In this role you will work closely with our teams in the US, Europe and India. This is a great opportunity to be part of a team that is disrupting the commercial auto insurance space while staying true to our mission of saving lives on the road.
Join our global team of curious, adaptable technologists and problem solvers who are passionate about creating a positive impact on the world!
A day in the life of our Underwriting Assistants:
- Process new business & renewal submissions; ensuring they meet processing requirements.
- Analyze customers' business information and partner with brokers to receive all information required on a timely basis.
- Manage a queue of new and pending submissions to ensure that Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met, while also monitoring and managing queried items of work.
- Prepare binders and policies to ensure they meet regulatory and compliance guidelines
- Process endorsements in a timely manner.
- Evaluate loss run data and assess info contained in Motor Vehicle Reports (MVRs)
- Undertake accurate data entry and risk set up on behalf of Underwriters and Work closely with Underwriters to continuously expand your technical knowledge base
- Upskilling and cross-training colleagues.
- Continuously review and identify efficiencies in processes and help us to always be better than yesterday!
- First and foremost, you love having fun at work and you’re confident, humble and passionate!
- You have a few years of experience in a similar process-driven environment where accuracy and attention to detail are vital
- You embrace change with a “can do” attitude.
- You’re kind and compassionate with a desire to help others solve problems
- You have a strong intellectual curiosity. That means you not only enjoy finding a problem but creating the solution!
- You’re proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PPT etc)with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Unlimited PTO!
- Pension program
- Learning and development program and stipend
- Private medical healthcare and life insurance
- Fully remote work supplemented with fun in-person events
- Payment for sick leave from the first day
- Stipends for wellness and entertainment
- Awesome Fairmatic gifts and swag!