Jul 31, 2023 - Lifebit Biotech Ltd is hiring a remote Designer at Lifebit. 📍Location: Greece.
At Lifebit, we carve our own path. Trusted by Governments and world-leading pharma institutions and funded with over $60m, we are on a mission to harness the power of connected data and bring precision medicine to life globally. The key to saving human lives is providing researchers across the globe with the right data to develop more precise drugs faster.
Generating large amounts of biomedical data has become relatively straightforward. The challenge now is finding, accessing and analysing this sensitive data stored across thousands of disconnected locations. It is frustrating and painfully difficult for researchers.
Lifebit has created a patented, federated technology that brings analysis and computation to where data resides. This enables researchers to run analyses on multiple, distributed datasets in-situ, avoiding the risky movement of highly-sensitive data.
Lifebit powers pioneers in national precision medicine such as Genomics England (UK Government) and guides them on how to make their valuable data usable securely. Biotech and pharma leaders like Boehringer Ingelheim turn to Lifebit to connect them to this otherwise locked up data to obtain novel therapeutic insights.
Our technology is unmatched and momentum is on our side - but we need an exceptionally strong team to help boost Lifebit to incredible new heights.
About this role:
Lifebit Experience are looking for a proven, hands-on, ‘Design Ninja’ to join and help elevate Lifebit’s brand and design ambitions to the next level.
Experience is Everything at Lifebit! We deliver exceptional work through our ambition to create a positive impact for our business and in-turn get the best from ourselves and each other. We are inclusive, innovative and focused, we relish in team collaboration and pushing the boundaries of design within our industry.
As a Designer you will…
Work as part of the Product department, your role as Designer will require you to be the point person for all things design. You will work closely with all members of the Product department, as well as applying your skills across the organisation. Remote is our daily routine with semi-regular in person project working sessions and event site attendance and management.
- Help to solve key visual design challenges by understanding the idea and concept.
- You aren’t shy of becoming the number 1 production house (when required), your ability to scale and react will be key to your success.
- Be uber passionate about all things visual design. What are the latest trends? Push the boundaries of our discipline.
- Explain, discuss, and justify your design decisions effectively. Ensuring your work communicates clearly, is on-brand and delights our users.
- Collaborate with our team, help to produce and take on key tasks accordingly; helping to craft world-class design and creative work that is production ready.
- Relish in constructive criticism, adopt quickly to a strong culture of feedback and be able to take direction from any other team member.
- Be a brand ambassador, understanding Lifebit’s approach and strategy at all times. The critical process that drives our values and who are the key players involved in making key decisions.
- Proven strong collaborative and teamwork skills whether in a virtual or in-person setting.
The role requirements below are just an indication of what we’re looking for - sometimes the perfect candidate is far more or less experienced than we anticipated. If you think that might be your case, please reach out and let us know! You should have demonstrable knowledge and experience in building and maintaining scalable infrastructure in the cloud, specifically:
- Exceptional UI skills
- Experience working on UI heavy applications
- 3+ years of previous work as a designer, you come weaponised with an amazing portfolio of past design and creative projects.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience on dashboard / analytics related projects, focused on data-heavy applications
- Creative thinker, time management and multitasking abilities.
- Willing to learn from others, you have a good command over design techniques, visual elements.
- Understanding of the tools of the trade such as Sketch, Figma, Invision, Adobe CS, Miro, Mural and Google Suite.
- Good hand-sketching ability and fast note taking skills.
- Experience in transforming user flows into high fidelity designs
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Monthly team activities
- Mindfulness sessions and Mental Health tools
- Conferences, events, and training resources (Data science, AI, cloud, any tech stack, painting, origami, you pick!) - we offer £1,000 a year to each person for personal development.
- Private healthcare.
- An international and diverse team.
- Special treatment on your birthday.