Avion Solutions Inc., an employee-owned company, is seeking candidates for an AI/ML Data Scientist
to support Avion Solutions.
This position is based in Huntsville, AL.Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Research, design, and develop machine learning algorithms and models for various company-related projects.
- Analyze and preprocess large datasets to ensure data quality and accuracy for effective modeling.
- Collaborate with domain experts, engineers, and product teams to understand business objectives and translate them into data science initiatives.
- Utilize advanced statistical and machine learning techniques to extract valuable insights and patterns from structured and unstructured data.
- Develop and deploy scalable and efficient machine learning pipelines to support real-time data processing and model deployment.
- Evaluate model performance, conduct A/B testing, and iteratively improve models to achieve higher accuracy and better business outcomes.
- Stay updated with the latest trends and advancements in AI, machine learning, and data science technologies to suggest innovative solutions.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of data science best practices and standards within the organization.
Equal Opportunity: Avion Solutions, Inc. reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Avion Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA-governed Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunities to protected veterans and people with disabilities. Avion Solutions, Inc. provides all employees and job applicants equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, national origin or any other reason prohibited by law.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Experience as a Data Scientist, AI Engineer, or similar role, with a strong focus on machine learning and data analysis.
- Hands-on expertise in programming languages and proficiency in using relevant libraries and frameworks for data manipulation, modeling, and visualization. Preferred languages and Python, JSON, YAML, XML, HTML5, CSS, C#/.NET, VBScript.
- Programming skills in the context of machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch with the ability to configure, customize and optimize open-source Large Language Models
- Solid understanding of statistical analysis and machine learning algorithms (e.g., correlation, regression, and hypothesis testing,).
- Experience or at least familiarity with natural language processing (NLP) techniques such as sentiment analysis, named entity recognition, and text classification.
- Familiarity with cloud-based machine learning platforms and services (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and familiarity with both Windows and Linux-based Operating Systems.
- Experience with the following tools and platforms: Git, GitHub, Anaconda, Jupyter Notebook, PyCharm, Eclipse, Visual Studio, Docker, Gradio, Hugging Face, etc.
- Must be a US Citizen and have/able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time. US travel only.