Aug 04, 2023 - Prismic is hiring a remote Engineering Manager, Platform and AI. 📍Location: Europe.
At Prismic, we are changing the way developers and content creators build websites!
Our Headless Website Builder aims to transform and streamline the web development process and we’re seeking a talented Engineering Manager to help us realize our vision, practice, and state-of-the-art experience.
What’s in it for you? 💫
You’ll play a critical, hands-on role in the growth and development of our engineering team, defining state-of-the-art architecture and ensuring the quality of our product. You will influence and shape our engineering culture, promote leading practices and stimulate our AI initiatives.
As our Engineering Manager, you will:
- Manage, coordinate and scale a team of engineers through coaching, career development and thoughtful leadership;
- Attract, hire, onboard, enable and retain top-tier engineering talent to enhance our diverse team;
- Advocate for and implement engineering practices that enhance the stability, security, and quality of our product;
- Engage in hands-on technical work (around 30% of the time), actively participating in code reviews and providing technical direction that builds trust;
- Empower teams by providing the necessary tools and practices to work autonomously and efficiently;
- Work collaboratively to identify and address bottlenecks in technology, approach and performance, continuously improving our product, practice and process;
- Guide the team in the implementation of AI-based initiatives and features.
What we are looking for? 🧠
- 2+ years of experience in managing a team of 4+ individuals, preferably in a distributed environment;
- Deep understanding of AI concepts and technologies, with the ability to guide the team in implementing AI-based initiatives;
- 5+ years of experience in web development, operational experience and problem solving with systems that scale, pose unique maintenance challenges and provide a secure and reliable experience for users;
- Proven experience in the SaaS environment, with a focus on enabling multiple teams to be successful and supporting build vs. buy decisions;
- Strong recruitment experience, particularly for excellent software engineers;
- Strong communication skills in English;
- A people-first manager who supports the team by coaching on technical and communication skills, and nurturing engineers’ career progression;
- A leader with core values that align with fairness, ethics, compassion and appreciation.
What are the perks? 🎉
- Budget to equip your home office;
- English classes for all levels;
- Thrice-weekly yoga classes;
- Healthy snacks and drinks while at the office;
- Annual company-wide retreats;
- A diverse, curious, and fun team;
- Opportunities to solve challenging problems and build cutting-edge technology.
Remote work? We've got you covered! 🌍
- Opportunities to visit and work from our office in Paris;
- Regular virtual initiatives and events to stay connected;
- Regular global meetings where you can raise and discuss any topic with the whole company.
At Prismic, we strive to create a relaxed, supportive, and informal atmosphere where you can thrive, learn, and become part of our culture, no matter where you are.
If you're passionate about leading a diverse, innovative team and have a deep understanding of AI and web development, apply today!