Aug 04, 2023 - Jimdo is hiring a remote Social Media Manager (m/f/d). 📍Location: Germany.
Jimdo’s mission is to unleash the power of self-employed small business owners, the backbone of the global economy, and help them thrive. We offer products and services to help founders start, grow, and manage their businesses.
Jimdo was founded by three school friends in 2007 in a farmhouse in Northern Germany. Today, we’re a growing profitable business with a team of 250+ people from 50 nationalities based in over 15 countries. We have a physical location in Hamburg, Germany, where teams come together for in-person collaboration. Jimdo started as a website builder, and has helped businesses create over 32 million websites. Over the years, our portfolio evolved to specifically serve the unique needs of microbusinesses. In addition to our GDPR-compliant website builder powered by AI, we offer an online store, logo creator, legal text generator, business listings, social media integration, SEO, and more.
We are constantly developing new products and services that make the lives of microbusiness owners easier and help fuel their businesses. If you’re inspired by our mission and like the idea of working for a dynamic remote-first company where you can create impact from day 1, we’d love to meet you!
To ignite continuous growth, Jimdo has identified a new avenue of products focusing on the Micro-business segment. Our marketing department is at the forefront of this process, helping the business target and identify the best ways of reaching our customers. As part of this, we are looking to bring on board a Social Media Manager to help us grow our Social Media Channels and Community.
As Jimdo’s new Social Media Manager, you will be responsible for Jimdo and Matze's owned channels. You'll manage content calendars, create captivating posts, and oversee creative asset production. With a keen eye for detail, you'll handle comment moderation and ensure alignment with brand guidelines. As the go-to person, you'll manage various social media platforms, ensuring compliance and engaging with our community. Join us in crafting compelling content and making a meaningful impact to the world of micro-businesses.
- Managing the content calendar for both Jimdo’s and our CEO Matze's own social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok).
- Overseeing the production of creative assets for organic social media both internally and externally.
- Writing and proofreading social media posts and content in German.
- Reviewing and cleaning up comments on posts.
- Acting as the go-to person for Jimdo's owned organic social media channels not included in the content calendar (Youtube, Pinterest, Twitter).
- Ensuring alignment with brand activation activities and product feature releases.
- Finding cost-effective ways to create relevant video content that aligns with Jimdo and Matze's brand.
- Maintaining alignment with Jimdo and Matze's Tone of Voice.
- In alignment with community guidelines.
- Uploading and taking down content as required.
- Bachelor's degree in communication, media, or a related field, or equivalent job qualifications.
- At least 4+ years experience in a similar role working on Social Media Management for a SaaS or tech company.
- Understanding of ongoing content trends on Instagram, TikTok and Facebook (Meta).
- Ability to plan and create a content calendar that balances planning ahead and the ability to quickly jumping on trends.
- Organic Social Media strategy and goal setting.
- Collaboration with internal colleagues and external partners.
- Work process management with stakeholders.
- Communication in German in written and spoken form.
- Native German Speaker and fluency in English.
What we offer
- Meaningful mission:
By helping solopreneurs and small businesses succeed we’re making communities around us more sustainable, resilient, and vibrant.
- Flexibility and Trust:
Fully remote work with elements of in-person collaboration.
Flexible working hours. We value outcomes over presenteeism.
Option to work outside of your country of employment for up to 90 days in a year.
Side hustles encouraged.
- Diverse international team:
We’re 250+ people representing 50+ nationalities and based in 15+ locations.
Employee-led DEI Council, active ERGs.
- Growth and Career Development:
Culture of knowledge sharing supported by our learning experience platform (LXP) HowNow.
Opportunity to share ideas and create impact from Day 1.
Flat hierarchies and short decision-making process.
- Competitive benefits, including:
Compensation reviewed at least once a year.
Remote Office Set Up bonus.
Employee Assistance Program (resources, counseling).
Up to three free Jimdo websites that you get to keep forever!
Our team will be happy to receive your application!
Jimdo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don’t discriminate based on race or ethnic origin, color, the language(s) you speak, where you (or your parents) are from, or whether or not you consider yourself to have a disability. Neither will your age, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, or political opinions play a part in your application with us. We’re a diverse team in so many ways, and we love it that way.