Aug 09, 2023 - Constructor is hiring a remote Backend Engineer : Ranking & Personalization. 📍Location: United Arab Emirates.
Constructor.io powers product search and discovery for the largest retailers in the world, like Sephora and Backcountry, serving billions of requests every year: you have most likely used our product without knowing it. Each year we are growing in revenue and scale by several multiples, helping customers in every eCommerce vertical around the world.
We love working together to help each other succeed, and are committed to maintaining an open, cooperative culture as we grow. We get to the right answer with empathy, ownership and passion for making an impact.
The Ranking & Personalization team, within Data Science and Engineering, plays a central role in implementing algorithms that optimize for business KPIs like revenue & conversions. We focus on metrics over features, arming our ranking algorithms with powerful capabilities that bring value to customers in the way they care the most about.
The team consists of a mix of ML & data engineers owning & collaborating on multiple projects. As a member of the Ranking & Personalization team, you will use world-class analytical, engineering and machine learning techniques on big data to shape the evolution and scale our search algorithms.
Challenges you will tackle
- Build and deploy robust ML systems for personalized search and browse experiences.
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical business partners to develop / update ranking functionalities
- Optimize current ranking service performance to process requests faster
- Separate ranking service from main backend part to its own instance
- Excellent skills delivering & communicating business value
- Have Python experience
- Have experience with server-side coding and API design
- Have experience with relational databases, key–value database, distributed systems
- Have worked at a high-traffic website and designed highly available and robust systems
- Experience with a public cloud like AWS, Azure or GCP
- Love designing and implementing new features
- Enjoy helping others around you grow as developers and be successful
- Can work independently
- Pick up new ideas and technologies quickly, love learning and talking to others about them
- Love to experiment and use data and customer feedback to drive decision making
- Good to have
- Experience shipping personalization & search (recommendation) systems to production
- Experience with MLOps
- Unlimited vacation time -we strongly encourage all of our employees take at least 3 weeks per year
- A competitive compensation package including stock options
- Company sponsored US health coverage (100% paid for employee)
- Fully remote team - choose where you live
- Work from home stipend! We want you to have the resources you need to set up your home office
- Apple laptops provided for new employees
- Training and development budget for every employee, refreshed each year
- Parental leave for qualified employees
- Work with smart people who will help you grow and make a meaningful impact
- Compensation: base range of 90-105K USD + stock options + work from home bonus
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Constructor
At Constructor.io we are committed to cultivating a work environment that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome individuals of all backgrounds and provide equal opportunities to all applicants regardless of their education, diversity of opinion, race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or affiliation in any other protected group.