Aug 10, 2023 - Reach Industries is hiring a remote Senior DevOps Engineer. 📍Location: UK.
Full Time, Remote-First Hybrid, £65k-£80k
At Reach Industries, we believe that scientists are solving some of the world's most pressing challenges, from combating climate change to developing vaccines and new treatments for diseases yet their tools are still poor. Our AI powered software platform, Lumi, automates operational data capture, insights and processes in labs, augmenting scientists so they can focus on the more creative aspects of their work. Lumi is versatile and is being applied across a wide range of life science industries, including in biotech and pharma.
We are a startup where the early team have a strong background in various frontier technologies and a deep love for making science better. We've already shipped a first version of the Lumi platform and we've received excellent feedback from early customers. We have very ambitious plans for Lumi ahead, so now we're looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to become a crucial part of our core team, ensuring the smooth deployment, robustness, and scalable operation of our platform, meeting the dynamic needs of our scientific users.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, your role will be pivotal in optimising and managing Lumi, our groundbreaking Software as a Service (SaaS) platform on AWS. You'll work alongside our skilled team to bolster platform infrastructure, enhance system reliability, and drive the evolution of industry-changing AI systems within the scientific community. This opportunity blends technical tasks with problem-solving creativity, directly impacting the future of scientific research.
- Design, implement, and manage robust AWS infrastructure, optimizing for scalability, reliability, and cost-effectiveness.
- Work closely with backend developers to optimize the deployment and runtime of services.
- Set up, maintain, and improve CI/CD pipelines, automating build, test, and deployment processes.
- Monitor system health and troubleshoot issues, employing strategies to mitigate future occurrences.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand system requirements and implement reliable and efficient solutions.
- Ensure platform security and data protection measures are rigorously maintained.
- Minimum four years of experience in a DevOps role or similar capacity, preferably with a focus on AWS.
- Proficient in using AWS services (ECS, EC2, Lambdas, RDS, MSK, Cloud CDK).
- Experience in setting up and managing CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, GitLab, etc.).
- Proficient in infrastructure as code (Terraform, AWS CloudFormation).
- Understanding of containerization technologies such as Docker and orchestration tools like Kubernetes.
- Working understanding of data streaming technologies (WebRTC, WebSocket)
- Working knowledge of network security practices
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Python) for automation of system tasks.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and analytical abilities.
- £50k-£60k salary depending on applicant experience and skill level.
- Workplace pension.
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + company break during end of year..
- Stock Options scheme; it's important to us that you feel a sense of ownership in the business and also benefit as we grow and succeed.
- Be part of a dynamic, collaborative, social and hard-working start-up that is building technology to have a positive impact on the world.
- Flexible work schedule, 8am – 10am start.
- Budget for conferences, training courses and other materials.
- Modern equipment to work with. Choose your technology set-up.
We founded Reach Industries to build tools that give scientists superpowers. If you are a Senior DevOps Engineer who wants to join our mission, please get in touch!
A little more about Reach Industries
We thrive on being different, we encourage, support and celebrate diversity in the workplace and in all aspects of life. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer who strives to ensure a balanced and measured approach to all aspects of employment. The decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on individual competence, performance, merit and business needs.
In a Post COVID-19 world, the increase in productivity and efficiency that our products will offer those at the forefront of humanity's greatest challenges has become even more important and as you join us in building this company, we want this to be the best place you've ever worked; a fun environment where you will positively influence the culture and have the freedom and confidence to do your best work with the respect and trust of your colleagues.
The company is headquartered in Bristol, UK but we work via a remote-first hybrid model, which means you must be able to visit the office at least once a week or as needed.
Polite Recruiter Note: We currently do not wish to work with any external recruiters or agencies, please do not contact us at this stage as it will jeopardise any opportunity of working together in the future.