Aug 12, 2023 - Intuition Machines is hiring a remote Staff Engineering Manager, Python Backend. 📍Location: Poland.
Intuition Machines uses AI/ML to build enterprise security products. We apply our research to systems that serve hundreds of millions of people, with a team distributed around the world. If you enjoy working at scale on both architecture and data, engineering our backend systems may be your ideal job. Our approach is simple: light specs, small teams, and rapid iteration.
As a Staff Engineering Manager in one of the teams you will be responsible for both the health of our technology solution and the success of the team members you will be overseeing, along with the projects that fall upon your team to execute on that ensure a better experience with our product for both staff and customers. This can include new features and updates that will directly impact the success of hCaptcha’s products and services.
You will be working closely with product owners, stakeholders and developers to deliver on internal and external business requirements. Managing expectations for all parties involved, including prioritization amongst tasks and technical debt. You will also be ensuring that each solution implemented follows outlined processes and security measures to guarantee smooth and safe deployments for our staff, customers and users.
What will you do:
- Leading a team of talented developers building online security and machine learning products at scale focusing on core backend aspects of our technology stack
- Working with business goals into technical specs and iterative dev plans. We ship early and often, but our first customer of a new product or feature may be deploying it to 500 million people.
- Being a part of the full software development life cycle from idea, through design, planning, prioritization and execution to a successful delivery of systems that scale to millions of RPS.
- Maintaining high level of software quality standards, development velocity, while ensuring high availability of the resulting solution
- Defining, driving and governing automation and instrumentation to ensure we maintain high observability and automate recovery as much as possible
- Triaging bugs in a complex distributed system, partaking in on-call activity, troubleshooting situations that are arising
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience building and maintaining large-scale production systems with a focus on performance, scalability, and reliability
- Excellent python programming skills and knowledge of python ecosystem: most of what we do is in python, and the expectation is that you are fluent enough to contribute, code review and make right design choices
- Experience working with high availability, large scale, internet facing, distributed systems (CDN, load balancing, public cloud)
- Experience with orchestration platforms: Kubernetes, containerization, and microservice design.
- System Design skills that would allow you to propose, correct, and review design documents for feature-level, service-level, and product-level designs
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience leading or managing engineering teams
- Experience in managing and coordinating projects based on needs and priorities of stakeholders and product utilizing agile methodologies
- Experience and demonstrated success with DevOps/systems integration, lightweight development practices, meeting strong SLAs, test-driven design in large scale internet-facing systems
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Outline, coordinate, and prioritize projects and tasks with product owners based on the needs of internal and external stakeholders. Communicating across teams and departments to ensure deadlines are met based on set expectations.
Nice to Haves:
- Worked with Kafka, Redis and / or Clickhouse
What do we offer:
- Ability to work with cutting-edge technology
- Fully remote position with flexible working hours #Li-remote
- An inspiring team spread all over the world
- A unique chance of being a part of #hCaptcha revolution
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse global workforce. We believe that the best way to learn, grow, and succeed, both as individuals and as a company, is to foster a culture that is fundamentally rooted in equality.
Join us as we transform cyber security, user privacy, and machine learning online!