Aug 15, 2023 - Exeon is hiring a remote Cyber Security Analyst. 📍Location: Switzerland.
Cyber Security Analyst / Cyber Security Engineer
80-100% | immediately | Switzerland
Exeon Analytics AG is a Swiss cyber tech company specialising in the protection of IT and OT networks through AI-driven security analytics. Our Network Detection & Response (NDR) platform ExeonTrace allows companies to monitor corporate networks, immediately detect cyber threats and thus effectively protect their organisation’s IT landscape - quickly, reliably, and completely hardware-free. The self-learning algorithms for detecting anomalies in network activity were developed at ETH Zurich and are based on more than ten years of academic research. Exeon was awarded as one of the top three high-tech companies at the SEF 2021 and consists of an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, machine learning experts, white hat hackers, network security specialists and business professionals. Exeon is determined to become the leading NDR provider in Europe and already counts renowned companies such as PostFinance, Planzer and SWISS Airlines among its customers.
As Cyber Security Analyst, you will be part of our Professional Services team but you will be working closely with various teams across the company. Your main responsibilities will be as follows:
- You will be responsible to make sure our Network Detection & Response solution, ExeonTrace, stays up-to-date with the most recent security developments and provides a strong value to our customers.
- You will understand the daily security challenges our customers are facing with regards to network detection and translate them into features for ExeonTrace.
- You will write use cases, threat reports and analysis of recent attacks for internal and external stakeholders.
- You will improve the user journey by providing feedback from your analyst’s perspective and experience. You will also support analyst trainings for internal employees, customers and partners.
What you can expect from us:
Exeon offers an open company culture that values and encourages diversity, teamwork and a growth mindset. Our goal is to provide our employees with an exciting, supportive and motivating environment for personal growth and career development while ensuring that our team maintains a healthy work-life balance. We strive to achieve this by offering:
- An exciting and impactful job in a fast-growing Swiss cyber tech company expanding across Europe with manifold opportunities to shape your professional profile.
- Working in close collaboration with our interdisciplinary team and learning from our Security Experts, Data Scientists, and Business Professionals.
- Taking over responsibilities quickly and help shape and promote a cutting-edge security software.
- A high degree of trust, independence and flexibility, also in terms of working hours and place of work (remote or in the office).
- A competitive salary and appealing benefits package.
We are looking for a proactive, self-motivated and enthusiastic young professional who’s comfortable in a high-paced start-up environment. In addition, we are looking for certain requirements and skills to establish a good person-job-fit:
- An enthusiastic cyber security professional used to solving problems independently and communicating easily with both our internal teams and our customers.
- A professional with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or similar, with a specialization in IT/OT security (networking and application security).
- 2+ years of practical experience as a detection engineer or cyber security analyst, experienced in the field of network security is a plus. Ideally including:
- Understanding current threat landscape, attack patterns and common cyber security frameworks.
- Experience in analyzing alerts and incidents.
- Experience in (network security) detection engineering and verification.
- Experience with (network security) machine learning algorithms and its benefits and challenges.
- Fluent English speaker. German is a big plus.
- Nice to have: Hands-on experience in engineering topics like software development, log management, container management or big data analytics in general.