Aug 15, 2023 - EnsoData is hiring a remote Senior or Staff Frontend Engineer (React). 📍Location: USA.
Hi, I'm Dylan, the Dashboard Team Manager at EnsoData! We're excited to announce that we're looking for a new teammate - a Senior or Staff Frontend Engineer who is passionate about developing React.js applications with an eye for design, and is passionate about making healthcare better! This position is available to be fully remote or hybrid and offers a salary of $125k (senior) or $140k (staff), stock options, various time off opportunities, and healthcare to name a few benefits.
The mission for the Senior/Staff Frontend Engineer is to design and deliver outstanding user experiences and interfaces that delight end-users and make it easier to help patients. This will be accomplished by teaming up with product managers and designing new features around our customers' needs. You will be building and updating a modern web application that allows users to intuitively visualize and interact with the wealth of data generated within core EnsoData products. The person in this position has the opportunity to grow personally and professionally to help build a world-class engineering team, own critical EnsoData product initiatives, and serve as a key member of the EnsoData technical team.
EnsoData strives to make healthcare more accurate, efficient, and affordable through waveform artificial intelligence (AI) technology. Using AI and machine learning, our software analyzes billions of data points collected from sensors placed throughout the human body. Our first solution, EnsoSleep, reduces the time clinicians spend analyzing, scoring and managing sleep studies. This results in a simplified and accelerated patient testing, diagnosis, and treatment workflow. Our AI-powered technology has the capability of informing health decisions beyond sleep medicine, from monitoring patient health in the ICU or through wearables, to detecting and capturing seizure data, to providing earlier detection of heart disease, diabetes, stroke, and Alzheimer’s.
- 5+ years experience working with a team on a production codebase - we are looking for more than entry level experience
- Ability to communicate in a remote environment that strives to be diverse and inclusive
- Proficient in React.js and React state management libraries such as Redux or Recoil
- Demonstrated proficiencies in git workflows
- Experience writing unit tests
- Proven experience with the entire design process, from ideas to production ready features
It would be great if you also have...
- Experience in UI/UX design
- High level of proficiency using design tools such as Figma and Sketch
- History of experience with usability testing
- Demonstrated ability in large data charting with Chart.js or other libraries
- Knowledge working with cloud hosting environments (GCP or AWS)
- Proven work with Selenium for automated testing
- Ability to demonstrate experience with Python
EnsoData seeks to recruit, hire, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you’re a great fit, but don't necessarily check every box on the job description, please still get in touch.
To learn more about our ongoing commitment to diversity, check here.
Note: this role is based in the continental United States and currently EnsoData is unable to support sponsorships so candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States now and in the future.
Company Culture - Embrace the Pineapple! How do we do this?
- Make Healthcare Better - is passionate about moving healthcare to a better place for everyone everywhere
- Put Customers First - delights customers by working closely with them to support their initiatives
- Be a Great Teammate - spreads the good vibes and is a joy to work with; also understands the value of helping one's teammates
- Gets $#!t Done - bias toward action and intrinsically motivated to go above and beyond; demonstrates the ability to work autonomously as well as across teams
- We also practice a Focus on Quality and look for teammates who don't cut corners and demonstrate integrity and attention to detail
2023 Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces (third year in a row!)
The benefits package includes, but is not limited to, the following:
Remote and flexible schedule - we are a remote company with hybrid options and support for flexible schedules! That being said, we have an amazing office headquarters in downtown Madison, WI with views of the capitol that you are welcome to work at anytime. In case you didn't know, Madison has consistently been ranked as one of the top places to live in the US (businessinsider.com, money.com, livability.com)!
Health, dental, and vision insurance with options to choose a plan that fits you and your dependents needs.
Vacation and sick time - we want our employees to rest, recharge, and feel better.
Stock options - we want team members to feel ownership in the organization. When EnsoData does well, you do well.
401k to help people invest in the future.
Team gatherings! A few times of year everyone gathers in person to enjoy a few days together and participate in team events such as a volunteer activity. (Hint: check out our blog for info from former team gatherings!)
1. Submit a resume online and our human resources manager along with the hiring manager will choose those that seem like the best candidates.
2. Expect a take-home coding challenge to show off your skills.
3. We look forward to meeting you face-to-face! A few candidates will be chosen for a 30-minute video call to get to know each other, discuss your experience, and explain the position in more detail.
4. The final candidate(s) will participate in a meet-the-team interview (one 60-minute session) and have an opportunity to meet the CTO.
Equal Employment Opportunity
EnsoData is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against, nor do we tolerate unlawful harassment against, team members or any other covered persons on any basis of race, color, protective hairstyles, national, social, or ethnic origin, gender, pregnancy, childbirth, gender orientation, identity or expression, sexual, relationship, or romantic orientation, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, family or parental status, age, protected veteran status, arrest record, expunged or sealed convictions, criminal history, source of income, credit history, housing status, physical, mental, or sensory disability, medical condition, genetic information, religion, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
We value, celebrate, and support diversity, inclusion, and our differences. We are committed to providing a safe work environment and a company culture of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. We seek to recruit, hire, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, intersectional individuals, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. We have a deep conviction that diversity and inclusion among our teams, our communities, and our physical and virtual workplaces is vital to the success of EnsoData’s mission to improve healthcare access, outcomes, and affordability for patients and communities everywhere globally.
If you are a job seeker applying to EnsoData and you feel that you need to request an accommodation or alternative application, please contact Angela at email@example.com.