Aug 18, 2023 - Acuity Insights is hiring a remote Customer Marketing Manager 🇨🇦. 📍Location: Canada.
Imagine a world where higher educational institutions can see the whole human potential in applicants beyond grades, have tools accessible at their fingertips to efficiently support learners throughout their educational journey and successfully graduate a diverse range of trained doctors, nurses, teachers, engineers and other professionals who bring human skills like empathy, integrity and cultural competency into their jobs.
That’s the world we are on a mission to create.
Acuity Insights is an EdTech product and research company in a growth position. We have a clear vision and plan for the future, a well-established product-market fit in healthcare education, and are on a path to grow in our emerging vertical markets, including business schools and engineering education.
You now have a chance to join Acuity Insights as our first Customer Marketing Manager to engage, nurture & delight our customers, turning them into vocal advocates.
This role is best suited to a purpose-led marketer with a can-do mindset who brings a broad range of marketing skills & experiences. It’s an ideal opportunity for someone deeply passionate about the customer journey, driven to understand & solve customer needs throughout their lifecycle, with a knack for building relationships and wanting to create and grow a community of brand fans.
The Customer Marketing Manager position is a remote, individual contributor role. It will be part of an engaged, talented & ambitious marketing team and report to our Senior Director of Marketing, Anju Visen-Singh.
Opportunity & Impact
As Customer Marketing Manager, you get to lead in building and executing a comprehensive marketing plan to inform, engage, and retain customers across diverse product lines and vertical markets. As our first Customer Marketer, you have the unique opportunity to shape our advocate marketing program from scratch, activating new brand advocates, driving revenue growth through referrals and references, and boosting our retention scores.
In this role, you will develop a lifecycle marketing plan to enhance customer value and create compelling marketing content to educate customers on product benefits. Collaborating closely with our Sales and Customer Success teams, you will also leverage customer insights to identify cross-sell and upsell opportunities, ultimately creating value for the company and our customers.
Your creativity will shine as you help engage and delight our customers, working alongside Product Marketing to explore effective product adoption and usage strategies. You will play a pivotal role in delivering personalized digital journeys for customers while partnering with the Events & Community team to support in-person and virtual events to foster customer connections and facilitate knowledge exchange among our brand advocates. Additionally, you will partner with Product Management and Product Marketing to provide valuable customer feedback that influences our product roadmap.
Being part of our team as a Customer Marketing Manager also means you can utilize your knack for relationship building to develop customer insights, refine marketing strategies, and shape messaging and programs targeted at customers. Your analytical skills and critical thinking will be instrumental in evaluating marketing effectiveness and measuring the ROI of customer engagement efforts. As a strategic thinker, you will contribute to our broader marketing and sales goals, enhance our brand, and elevate the overall customer experience.
To thrive in the role, you have:
- Built a solid foundation as a marketing generalist, gaining hands-on experience through several years working in different marketing roles and teams, exposing you to planning and execution in various areas such as program management, engagement marketing, content development and marketing, and event marketing.
- Worked in a client-facing role like Customer Service, Customer Success, or Account Management OR started to specialize in customer marketing and have been in a role where your core focus was Lifecycle Marketing and/or Customer Advocacy.
- Some experience collaborating cross-functionally with a high-performing Customer Success team and sharing retention metrics with them.
- Enabled Sales in cross-selling and up-selling to existing customers.
- Experience creating and executing marketing campaigns and programs that drive customer engagement, measured and reported on campaign performance, and experienced & learned from successful and failed campaigns.
- Leveraged Customer Relationship Management systems like ChurnZero for data & insights and marketing automation platforms like HubSpot for creating and running marketing campaigns.
- Seen what good marketing communication & writing looks like; you’re an effective communicator with writing proficiency to craft your own copy.
- Enthusiasm for the customer journey, driven to uncover what motivates a customer to take action to renew, buy additional products & services and become an advocate.
To thrive at Acuity Insights, you are:
- Caring toward people. You show up, take time to listen and understand, encourage and support, and don’t shy away from providing feedback and mentoring and teaching others to help them grow.
- Curious by nature and open to possibilities. You like exploring, asking questions, listening, experimenting, and learning.
- Driven to problem-solve independently and with collaborators, seek to improve your skills, methods, and practices continuously.
- Adaptable with a preference for fluid and ambiguous work environments where you can explore ways to contribute and create value, initiate and take ownership of your projects, and positively influence change.
- At your best when you can manage your work, time, and priorities independently and ask for help when you get stuck or seek feedback.
- Self-aware, with an understanding of your strengths and where you have opportunities for growth.
- Motivated by meaningful work and the chance to contribute to creating a society that prioritizes raising up individuals with empathy, compassion and a thoughtful understanding of the world around them and the people in it.
To ensure an equitable and inclusive process, all candidates will receive equal consideration for an interview, whether applying directly, introduced as a referral or contacting the manager or recruiter.
We look at every resume. Your application is evaluated based on mission & values alignment, skillsets, and experiences as it’s communicated in your application.
We do not offer sponsorship if you live abroad. You must reside in Canada and be eligible to work here to be considered for an interview.
Our interview process is designed to be a two-way discovery. We want to get to know you as a person, assess your functional skills, and ensure alignment with our mission and values. We want you to show curiosity and ask questions throughout the process.
Here are the steps you can expect:
- Review & Selection: A human, not an AI, reviews and assesses your application against our hiring criteria outlined in this job ad.
- Intro Conversation with Recruiter. If selected, we'll have a 45-60 minute phone call to discuss your background and interests and provide information about the company, team, role, and compensation.
- Meet The Manager. Have a 60-minute video call with Anju, your potential future manager, to discuss your relevant skills & experiences and learn about the vision for the team and the role.
- Complete a Take-Home Assignment. Prepare a presentation that showcases your expertise relevant to the role.
- Meet & Present to the Team. Connect with future peers and collaborators in a 2.5-3 hour video call to share your assignment and learn more about the team, role and life at Acuity Insights.
- Wait For a Decision. Anju consolidates and evaluates feedback from the interview team to make a hiring decision within 2-4 days.
- Receive an Offer / Reference Check. If you're a good fit for the role, team, and company, we'll invite you to an offer conversation. The offer is contingent upon the completion of a reference check.
- Fair Compensation. We offer salaries based on internal pay equity, ensuring fairness and contributing to a responsible and sustainable business.
- Investment In Your Growth. Access an annual budget of $3,000 for your professional and personal development.
- Remote Work & Flexible Hours. Enjoy the freedom to work from anywhere within Canada and the autonomy to set your own schedule.
- Self-Directed Vacation. Take charge of your vacation schedule and duration with unrestricted paid vacation days, supported and encouraged by your manager.
- Collective Time Off. Join the team in disconnecting from work for two weeks at the end of the year and enjoy extra Fridays off throughout the year.
- Other Paid Time Off. Take comfort in knowing you won’t feel a financial impact when you need time off due to a medical or family emergency, lose a loved one, or just need a day to nurture your mental health and well-being.
- Parental Leave. Bond with your new addition, whether you are a birthing parent, non-birthing parent, or expanding your family through surrogacy or adoption.
- Company Ownership. Get a piece of future profits with employee stock options granted on your start date.
- GRSP Matching Program. Save for your future with our Group Registered Savings Plan in partnership with Wealthsimple. We match contributions up to 2% of your salary.
- Comprehensive Health Coverage. Enroll yourself and your dependents in our health, dental, and life benefits plan through Equitable Life of Canada, starting from day one.
- Holistic Wellness Support. Receive personalized support for your physical, mental, social and financial well-being needs through our membership with Cyno.
A bit more about us
Acuity Insights (formerly Altus Assessments) is a Canadian product and research company established in 2014. We were founded on 15 years of research by co-founders Kelly Dore (Ph.D.) and Harold Reiter (M.D MEd), who invented our first product, Casper, a higher education admissions assessment, at McMaster University in Ontario.
In 2021, we partnered with a private equity firm and acquired One45, a healthcare education software company, expanding our team and offerings beyond Admission Assessments (Casper & Duet) to Program Management (One45) and Data & Insights (Analytics) for higher education institutions.
Behind Acuity Insights, you'll find a diverse team of 120+ caring, curious, and driven individuals collaborating remotely across Canada and some international locations.
We are committed to creating a caring & collaborative culture built on respect for all individuals. We prioritize transparency, equity, and inclusion in our programs, policies and business operations.
We know diverse teams fuel innovation, build better products, and contribute to stronger business outcomes. We encourage individuals from non-traditional backgrounds or historically marginalized and underrepresented groups to apply and join us in helping higher education institutions implement holistic admission processes that create a student body accurately representing the diverse communities they serve.
Thank you for considering applying and making Acuity Insights your next workplace!