Aug 20, 2023 - Viridios is hiring a remote Market Data Analyst. 📍Location: Brazil.
Viridios AI (“VAI”) is at the forefront of solutions for the climate and sustainability markets with a mission to mobilise positive action towards net-zero. We are a leader in voluntary carbon credit pricing, valuation, and project data with best-in-class technology to solve a major problem in value transparency. We are quickly becoming the market reference for fair prices of carbon offsets. Our SaaS-based business features an AI-based platform that provides the data and analytics for our clients to discover, assess, and compare prices and information across the Carbon Markets as a whole.
We are seeking a Market Data Analyst to join our dynamic and highly qualified team with domain expertise and play a pivotal role in advancing our mission towards a more sustainable future. As a key member of our data team, you will contribute to ensuring the accuracy and reliability of our market data, identify trends, outliers, and deliver data insights to drive informed decision-making. Additionally, you will play a critical role in addressing client queries related to market data and providing exceptional support to our valued customers. The typical candidate works with a major market data provider, a bank or an asset manager dealing with market data in various asset classes (equities, fixed income, commodities, etc.).
This is your opportunity to grow into and contribute to some of the most prominent and important themes of our age: climate, sustainability and AI.
- This is a permanent position
- You will report to the Head of Market Data
- You will be working remotely
What We Offer
- Competitive base compensation
- Annual cash bonus
- Employee stock allocated upfront in a early stage company with tremendous upside
- A vibrant and creative work environment
- Exposure to one of the most exciting sectors today
Data Collation and Validation:
- Collect and aggregate market data from various sources, ensuring data accuracy and completeness.
- Verify the quality and consistency of data to maintain the highest standards of data integrity.
Data Cleaning and Transformation:
- Prepare data sets to be used in AI model training
- Maintain and calibrate model data inputs and parameters
Data Analysis and Insights:
- Follow and review relevant news and market updates to understand market dynamics and identify trends, patterns, and potential outliers.
- Produce meaningful insights from the data, collaborate with the research/content team to interpret data findings in the context of the voluntary carbon market.
Daily Production process
- Ensure market data delivery processes are fully operational and reliable
- Design, build and maintain reports and data dashboards to derive insights from data
Market data sourcing
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with data providers and market participants
- Address client inquiries related to market data, providing accurate and timely responses.
- Assist clients in understanding the data, methodologies, and valuations offered by Viridos AI.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or in a technical area (e.g., computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics, etc)
Strong Data Acumen
- Proficiency in data analysis and ability to derive meaningful insights from complex datasets
- Proven experience in data collation, cleaning, transformation, and validation ideally in financial markets with banks, asset managers, market data providers and platforms, etc
Attention to Detail
- Excellent attention to detail and meticulous approach to handling data and ensuring data quality and accuracy.
- Excellent time and project management skills
Technical and Domain Knowledge
- Fast learner, capable of quickly gaining domain expertise in the highly complex climate and sustainability markets
- Clear analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to envision and propose new and creative ways to solutions
- Passion for technology and issues related to climate and sustainability markets
Team Player and Communication:
- Strong collaborative skills to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
- Willingness to share knowledge and support colleagues
- Exceptional business and technical communication in English, verbal and written
- Proficiency in Excel and other data business tools
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with market data (any asset class such as equities, fixed income, commodities, etc)
- Ability to run Python code (not necessarily build Python software)
- Ability to run SQL and NoSQL (Mongo) queries
- Familiarity with statistical methods and data visualisation tools.