Agency: U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
Position: Supervisory Math Statistician or Statistician (Data Scientist), SK-1529/1530-15
Promotion Potential: SK-15
Open & Close Dates: 08/18/2023 to 09/01/2023
Salary: $149,287 - $257,681 per year
Location: Washington, DC
Vacancies: Two (2)
Job Link: https://sec.usajobs.gov/job/744337200
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) supports all aspects of information technology for the SEC and employees. This position is located in OIT's Office of Strategy and Innovation (OS&I) in Washington, DC. OS&I houses the SEC's AI Program, enterprise AI/ML platforms, AI risk management and governance, and leads AI/ML initiatives and projects and other advanced or innovative analytics models, solutions, applications, tools and services to support mission-critical activities across the SEC.
Conditions of Employment:
· This position is open to U.S. Citizens.
Typical duties include:
· Leads risk management, governance, and technology development for the Office of Information Technology (OIT) Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) Platform and Programs-duties include executive portfolio reporting, capacity planning, product owner support, risk management, contract management, training, and process management.
· Provides portfolio management and oversight over a broad group of programs that develop and deliver AI/ML applications to improve efficiency and enhance operations for SEC Divisions and Offices enterprise-wide-duties include leading technical teams, programming capital/operational expenditure for AI/ML applications and managing acquisition services for AI/ML solution development support.
· Leads a team of federal employees in documenting and implementing requirements for AI/ML project, program, and application solutions needed by the SEC Divisions and Offices-duties include customer engagement meetings for fiscal year technology investment planning, technology acquisition strategy sessions and security compliance meetings for customer applications.
· Refer to the announcement on www.USAJOBS.gov for additional duties.
BASIC REQUIREMENT: All applicants must possess the following:
Mathematical Statistics A. Degree: that included 24 semester hours of mathematics and statistics, of which at least 12 semester hours were in mathematics and 6 semester hours were in statistics. or
B. Combination of education and experience -- at least 24 semester hours of mathematics and statistics, including at least 12
hours in mathematics and 6 hours in statistics, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
-- OR --
Statistics A. Degree: that included 15 semester hours in statistics (or in mathematics and statistics, provided at least 6 semester hours were in statistics), and 9 additional semester hours in one or more of the following: physical or biological sciences, medicine, education, or engineering; or in the social sciences including demography, history, economics, social welfare, geography, international relations, social or cultural anthropology, health sociology, political science, public administration, psychology, etc.
Credit toward meeting statistical course requirements should be given for courses in which 50 percent of the course content appears to be statistical methods, e.g., courses that included studies in research methods in psychology or economics such as tests and measurements or business cycles, or courses in methods of processing mass statistical data such as tabulating methods or electronic data processing. or
B. Combination of education and experience -- courses as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education. The experience should have included a full range of professional statistical work such as (a) sampling, (b) collecting, computing, and analyzing statistical data, and (c) applying statistical techniques such as measurement of central tendency, dispersion, skewness, sampling error, simple and multiple correlation, analysis of variance, and tests of significance.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT: In addition to meeting the basic requirement, applicants must also meet the minimum qualification requirement.
SK-15: Applicant must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS/SK-13 or 14 level: Applicant must have at least one year of specialized experience in (1) performing complex analytical tasks and assignments requiring skill and knowledge using the Python programming language), cloud computing platforms (e.g., Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure) and related analytical capabilities and services; AND (2) experience developing advanced analytical models, tools, prototypes, applications, or solutions (including artificial intelligence and machine learning solutions) on cloud computing platforms; AND (3) leading or overseeing complex analytical projects involving the development and deployment of AI/ML models, tools, or solutions.
*** The SEC offers enhanced pay and benefits plus the standard Federal benefits. Apply today! ***